Gabriella, the 38-year-old daughter of one of Queen Elizabeth‘s cousins, Prince Michael of Kent, wed Thomas Kingston on Saturday in a very similar fashion to Meghan and Prince Harry on May 19, 2018. Like the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Lady Gabriella walked down the aisle at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle with many members of the royal family present.
Ella, as she’s known to friends, walked down the aisle in a stunning lace wedding dress with a bespoke design by Luisa Beccaria. The blush gown, which was embroidered with flowers and embellishments, got its color from all the layers of tulle and organdy beneath the lace, which created the body of the gown. Her romantic veil was also made from layers of tulle and covered with embroidered flowers.
In a sweet nod to family tradition, she also wore a Russian Fringe style diamond tiara, which was also worn by her grandmother, HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, and her mother, HRH Princess Michael of Kent, on their wedding days.
Meghan’s stunning white silk gown she wore on her own wedding day caught the world’s attention, even getting the stamp of approval from Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. Designed by Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy, the dress featured an open bateau neckline and sculpted waist. The train flowed in soft round folds cushioned by an underskirt in triple silk organza.
The slim three-quarter sleeves added a note of refined modernity. The delicate veil, made from silk tulle, featured a trim of hand-embroidered flowers in silk threads and organza.
The veil also represented the distinctive flora of each Commonwealth country united in a floral composition.
The second dress, designed by Stella McCartney, is “a bespoke lily white high neck gown made of silk crepe,” according to a statement from the palace. The dress features a high, halter neck, with an open back and a train that Meghan carried as she walked to a blue Jaguar that would carry her and Prince Harry to their reception.
She accessorized her look with a pair of heels from one of her favorite footwear brands — Aquazurra — that are “made in silky satin, with nude mesh, with soles painted in baby blue,” according to the palace. She also wore a pair of diamond drop earrings.
The two dresses had one common thread: simplicity. Both dresses lacked lace or any other other embellishments.
- Can’t get enough of PEOPLE’s Royals coverage? Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!
Lady Gabriella, a Senior Director at Branding Latin America, and Kingston, who works in frontier market investment, got engaged in August. Kingston popped the question on Sark, one of the Channel Islands just off the coast of France.
The couple will also follow in Meghan and Harry’s footsteps by having their reception at Frogmore House. However, the party is set for the afternoon rather than the evening.
- 5 looks from Givenchy's Haute Couture fashion show that Meghan Markle will want
- Author Emily Giffin Sparks Backlash for Calling Meghan Markle ''Phony'' and ''Unmaternal''
- Hailey Bieber reveals her wedding dress with a slogan veil, designed by Off-White
- Loose Women stars SLATE Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for 'abandoning the British people' as they dissect their 'money-spinning' new book Finding Freedom
- Meghan Markle wears a gorgeous navy Carolina Herrera dress for a day at the polo with Prince Harry
- Kate Middleton takes style tips from Meghan Markle at Wimbledon finals
- Meghan Markle loses first High Court challenge over privacy claim against newspaper
- Bestselling author is accused of 'racism' after branding Meghan Markle 'unmaternal' and 'phony' in video of her reading to Archie for his first birthday
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle confirmed to attend Wimbledon finals together
- EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle's designer best friend Misha Nonoo is seen returning to NYC with baby Leo as doormen carry luggage from her packed SUV hours after telling fans she's 'not going anywhere' and is working from home
- Meghan Markle ‘toyed’ with boys’ hearts and ghosted her bloke after landing Suits role, claims school friend
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry shock mental health charity workers as they crash staff Zoom call from their LA mansion
- Jennifer Garner thanks friend Meghan Markle for 'sharing her son with the world' to support her charity campaign - and praises 'clever' Archie for knowing when to turn the pages
- Prince Harry gives nod to Meghan Markle as he praises young Brits for ‘surviving & thriving’ during pandemic in LA video
- Meghan Markle's A-List Friends Must Testify In Newspaper Privacy Case or Risk Damaging Her Chances, Legal Experts Say
- 'It's spectacular!' Bindi Irwin can't hide her delight as she finds a wedding dress 'quite similar' to the one worn by her mother Terri
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are at a point of ‘no return’, says Julie Montagu
- Royal brides' night before their wedding: how Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle celebrated last day of freedom
- The meaning behind Meghan Markle's relaxed outfit choice for Archie's first birthday
- Meghan Markle's secret birth story for baby Archie finally revealed
See Lady Gabriella's Wedding Dress Side-by-Side with Meghan Markle's Gown — One Year Later! have 1012 words, post on people.com at May 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.