MINSK, 23 May (BelTA) – The international scientific conference “Sakharov Readings 2019: Environmental Problems of the 21st Century” will open at the International Sakharov Environmental Institute of Belarusian State University on 23 May, BelTA learned from the organizers.
Attending the conference will be over 400 students, postgraduates, candidates for a master’s degree, and young scientists from 17 countries: Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia, Poland, Germany, Serbia, Turkey, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Italy, Iran, France, Sweden and the United States.
The conference will feature sections in 12 areas, including nuclear technology and radiation safety, environmental education for sustainable development, medical physics and electronics. A number of roundtables will highlight biomedical ethics and linguistic training of environmentalists for professional and intercultural communication.
On 23 May, the conference will feature a movie talk with the participation of international experts from Russia, Turkey and Poland. The event is organized by the Belarusian Energy Ministry, Rosatom State Corporation and the International Sakharov Environmental Institute of Belarusian State University. Participants will discuss environmental challenges and watch films from the Wild Edens series.
The Sakharov Readings will be held on 23-24 May in cooperation with the Education Ministry, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Chernobyl Department of the Belarusian Emergencies Ministry.
- Belarusian State University considering contacts with British IT companies
- Belarusian State University, University of Kent sign cooperation agreement
- Belarusian State University, Dalian Polytechnic University to open institute of distance learning
- Belarusian-Chinese institute set up at Belarusian State University
- Chinese citizens offered to do a Master's degree at Belarusian State University
- Wargaming scholarships for Belarusian State University students
- Belarusian State University eager to set up second institute with Dalian Polytechnic University
- Chinese citizens offered master's degree at Belarusian State University
- About 100 scientists to attend conference on China at Belarusian State University