Despite losing more than £450 million in the last year, Mike Ashley is still the richest man in the East Midlands. The Sports Direct boss is now worth £1.976 billion, according to this year’s Sunday Times Rich List, which has put his wealth fall down to his 30 per cent stake in Debenhams becoming worthless and Sports Direct’s profits falling 72.5 per cent in 2017. NottinghamshireLive reports Mr Ashley, whose Sports Direct firm is based in Shirebrook, has had a particularly busy year, with the purchase of the struggling department store House of Fraser, Sofa.com and Evans Cycles. Derbyshire-based John Bloor is the second in the regional list once again, with his wealth increasing £54 million to £1.912 billion. Mr Bloor has continued to profit from his motorcycle and construction empire, with Triumph, his motorcycle firm, selling 60,000 bikes and Bloor Homes building 3,250 homes. Will Adderley and family, founders of Dunelm, move up one position to third, taking over from Tony Langley, now in fourth. Mr Langley’s firm Langley Holdings is the sixth biggest company in the county. He started in business in 1975, aged 20, and taught himself engineering while running a company making a range of machinery… Read full this story
- East Midlands Airport & Its Expanding Choice of International Destinations
- Leicester in the East Midlands
- How Can I Get Rich Quick? - How the Richest People Did It
- Well Water Filter Advice For 20 Million People
- Gallup Poll Shows 20% More People Struggling Or Suffering! What's the Impact? What Can You Do?
- East Midlands Airport Car Hire
- Teleseminar Basics - Revealed - 4 Methods to Excel With Teleseminar Basics
- Diagnosing Type 2 Diabetes in Older People
- Limos in the Midlands
- Coventry - The Wonders of the West Midlands
Revealed: The 20 richest people in the East Midlands have 281 words, post on www.derbytelegraph.co.uk at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.