Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is refusing to throw her full confidence behind the Treasury, after Budget information was obtained by the National Party. But Minister of Regional Economic Development, and senior NZ First MP, Shane Jones said Finance Minister Grant Robertson should “hunt down” the person responsible, if it is discovered there had been a leak. “If there is someone who is playing fast and loose with information that he [Robertson] is responsible for, he should get the taiaha (Maori weapon) out and lob their heads off.” The National Party this morning released information that they say will be in Thursday’s Budget. Just hours later, National released more information it claimed was from the Budget. He said the information was obtained by National since the release this morning of other Budget information. Robertson this morning confirmed that some of the numbers released by National were correct, but some of them were wrong. Robertson said he “was just not going to get into” how much of the information was accurate. Speaking to media before going into the House this afternoon, Ardern also would not detail just which figures were indeed correct. “In the aftermath of the actual Budget being released, I… Read full this story
- Tax Changes Implemented As Part of Revenue Package Supporting Illinois Budget
- Illinois Unclaimed Property Law Substantially Revised As Part of Revenue Package Supporting Illinois Budget
- Danish PM invites support parties into government
- Judges Must Sit During Vacations To Reduce Pendency: CJI, PM Offers Support To Judiciary
- Does the 2018 Budget make you richer? What to watch for in Philip Hammond’s speech as he gives it today
- Budget 2018: Facebook, Twitter and Google face new tax on their profits
- Gavin Newsom’s budget makes big down payment on California pensions
- How Sachin Shah avoided capital destruction in his PMS
- Budget 2018: Philip Hammond declares austerity 'finally coming to an end'
- Austerity is set to continue despite Philip Hammond’s giveaway Budget, top experts warn
PM refuses to support Treasury after Budget leak have 325 words, post on www.odt.co.nz at May 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.