A growing number of tourists are making their way to a remote Scottish island to catch a glimpse of a piece of driftwood shaped like a naked woman.The large piece of wood — affectionately named The Lady of Balnahard — washed ashore at the northern tip of Colonsay, Inner Hebrides before being discovered.The peculiar timber near the island’s Balnahard Beach was dragged from the shoreline by locals last summer and bears a striking resemblance to the human form.Local tour guide and bookshop owner Kevin Byrne, 71, said: “It’s exactly as it was when it washed up, apart from a strategic piece of seaweed.“We don’t actually know what type of wood it is, but we presume it’s European. It’s quite heavy and took a couple of people to drag it to where it is.“Most people wouldn’t know it’s there, but it’s popped up neatly on the rocks.“It is in a fairly remote part of Isle of Colonsay, a 5km walk each way but through lovely terrain with magnificent views.”Mr Byrne posted it on his local Facebook page, and it soon attracted attention from amused locals and tourists.One person who saw the funny side said: “Is this what happens if you sunbathe… Read full this story
- Exhibits Worth a Road Trip
- Dhaka-Kolkata round trip now at Tk 5,031
- Elon Musk unveils spaceship for private round-trips to moon and Mars
- Elon Musk unveils Starship designed to take crew on round-trips to Mars
- This craft could take crew on round-trips to Mars
- Women say ex-Fort Worth youth pastor abused them as teens. 37 years later, he finally resigns
- Place 20 of 52: On an Icelandic Road Trip, Mossy Moonscapes and More
- Russia trip infuriates Granger critics: 'We never know where she is'
- Mechanical issues to blame after Steamship Authority cancel two trips Sunday morning
- “Win A Trip with Nick Kristof” 2018 Contest Rules
Not sure it’s worth the 10km round trip. have 318 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.