Tonight’s Lotto is a quadruple rollover with a whopping £9.2m jackpot up for grabs.
This huge amount of cash could be yours if you can match all six numbers in tonight’s draw and there is also a £500,000 Thunderball up for grabs too.
If you want to be in with a chance of bagging the jackpot, head down to your local shop and grab yourself a ticket, or play online.
And once you’ve done that, we’ll be here to give you all the winning numbers as they are drawn and hopefully later on this evening you’ll be celebrating an eye-watering win.
Good luck to everyone playing tonight’s National Lottery games and if you haven’t yet checked last week’s winning numbers, do it now!
On Saturday, May 11, the winning Lotto numbers were: 13, 14, 19, 45, 49, 55 and the bonus ball was 24.
The latest Thunderball results for the same evening were 12, 17, 27, 28, 30 and the Thunderball was 5.
Follow the live results as they come in via our live blog below.
Follow Hull Live
Our daily newsletter – To get the latest headlines direct to your email inbox every day, click here .
Follow Hull Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Hull Live on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram – On the Hull Live Instagram page we share gorgeous pictures of our stunning city – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow Hull Live on Instagram .
What are the odds of winning the lottery?
Have a watch of the video below to find out your odds of winning the Lottery:
The National Lottery helps many good causes
Watch the moment we surprised Steadman Scott with a visit from his mum, who he hadn’t seen in 30 years – all to say thanks for his incredible work for the #NationalLottery funded project @AfeweeBrixton #AmazingStartsHere pic.twitter.com/0iwSyqSj7v
— The National Lottery (@TNLUK) May 11, 2019
What you’re playing for in the National Lottery
The lottery raises around £30m weekly for UK causes
By playing the lottery games the public raise precious money for UK good cause projects.
So far this week £16,086,245 has been raised.
Five ways to increase your chances of winning the lottery
Here are five ways to increase your chances of winning the lottery:
Damaged Lottery tickets
If your ticket or scratchcard barcode cannot be scanned by your local retailer, and there are no visible signs of damage, then you should first ensure there are no issues with the lottery terminal. An employee should be able to advice you on any error messages displayed, or if there is another lottery retailer nearby you can see if you can successfully claim your prize there instead.
The most commonly reported damages are:
- Rips and Tears – tickets can get caught in bags or pockets causing the numbers or barcode to become torn.
- Water Damage – typically caused by a trip through the washing machine. This can be more severe as the ink can run making the text unreadable, or in worst case scenarios the ticket will be destroyed completely.
Even if your ticket is damaged or destroyed, you may still be able to make a valid claim by filing an appeal within 30 days of the draw date.
You will need to provide the following information to [email protected]
- The date, time and location where the ticket was purchased.
- The game e.g. EuroMillions or Lotto, and draw date, the ticket was purchased for
- The date you believe a prize was won
- How many entries you purchased and the numbers included in each
- How you think the ticket was damaged/destroyed
What if no one wins tonight?
The Lotto can only roll over five times, which means if tonight’s jackpot isn’t won, Saturday’s game will be everything to play for.
That means anyone playing this Saturday’s game will get an even bigger prize if no one matches all six main numbers, because the jackpot will be shared among all cash winners.
What happens when you win the lottery?
Watch our video below to find out what happens when you win the lottery:
Biggest Lotto winners
The biggest ever Lotto winner was created in April 2016 when an anonymous player banked £35m. In January 2016 two ticket-holders walked away with £33m each.
Before that, a main Lotto game jackpot of £42,008,610, was drawn in January 1996 and split between three anonymous winners, with each being awarded £14,002,870.
A single ticket won £26.4 million on the New Year’s Eve Lotto in 2016.
History of the National Lottery
The UK National Lottery was first drawn on November 19, 1994.
Half of all money spent by players goes to the prize fund, with 28 per cent to good causes, 12 per cent to the Government as duty, five per cent to retailers and five per cent to which has operated the lottery throughout its history.
What time is the draw?
The Lotto numbers will be drawn at 7.45pm.
Tonight’s Thunderball draw will take place shortly after.
What would you do if you won?
After double checking, checking and checking again, bursting with happiness and making sure the winning ticket never left my sight, the list is endless on what I would spend the jackpot on.
It’s something I’ve often dreamt about and paying off the mortgage, an around the world trip and dishing out the dosh to my family and friends are top of the list.
And there is plenty more I could think of spending it on including hiring myself a personal trainer, chef and chauffeur, as well as giving to charity.
Here are just some ideas on what people would spend tonight’s £11.6m on.
Vote on what you’d spend the money on in our poll below:
- National Lottery Lotto results Wednesday May 22
- National Lottery Lotto results for Wednesday, May 29
- Lotto results: Wednesday's winning National Lottery numbers for £5.4m jackpot
- LOTTO RESULTS: Winning National Lottery numbers for May 15, 2019
- National Lottery results live: Winning Lotto numbers for Wednesday April 4 2018 £6.5million jackpot
- National Lottery results live: Winning Lotto numbers for Wednesday May 2 2018 £14.5million jackpot
- National Lottery results live: Winning Lotto numbers for Wednesday May 23 2018 £6.4million jackpot
- National Lottery results live: Winning Lotto numbers for Wednesday June 13 2018 £10.7million jackpot
- National Lottery results live: Winning Lotto numbers for Wednesday June 20 2018 £14.7million jackpot