Meghan Markle is showing off her newborn son Archie’s toes in honor of Mother’s Day
Her first Mother's Day!
In the image, which was taken at their new Frogmore Cottage home in Windsor , Diana's favorite flower, forget-me-nots, can be seen in the background.
"Paying tribute to all mothers today – past, present, mothers-to-be, and those lost but forever remembered. We honour and celebrate each and every one of you," the caption read.
"Today is Mother's Day in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Kenya, Japan, and several countries across Europe. This is the first Mother's Day for The Duchess of Sussex," the post continued. "Quote from 'lands': my mother was my first country; the first place I ever lived."
In honor of the special day, The Duchess of Sussex is spending the day at home with her new son alongside her husband and her mom Doria Ragland .
Ragland flew in from Los Angeles before the Easter holiday so she could help her daughter prepare for baby Archie's arrival . Now, she's on hand to help the new mom in her first days as a parent.
"She's super excited," a source tells PEOPLE of Ragland in this week's cover story. "She and Meghan are so close."
Having mom for support through any first-time parenting nerves has been a big help for Meghan.
"Harry really gets on well with her too," another source says. "Any new mom wants her own mom around at this time, so it's great."
After completing his short day trip to the Netherlands , Harry returned home and made a surprise appearance at the Pageant at the Royal Windsor Horse Show , where he was all smiles on the grounds of Windsor Castle on Saturday.
Meghan has been relishing her new role as mom. On Wednesday, when she and Harry debuted their newborn son to the world , she said: "It's magic. It's pretty amazing. I have the best two guys in the world, so I'm really happy."
"He has the sweetest temperament," she added. He's really calm."
Harry then quipped: "I don't know where he gets that from!"
"He's just been a dream," Meghan said. "It's been a special couple of days."
Now, Meghan and Harry are focused on settling into life as a family of three.
"Their home is incredible," a friend tells PEOPLE. "There's so much space for them to be able to take walks with the baby and their dogs and not feel like they are being preyed upon—that was the big thing.
"Meghan's so happy there compared to Kensington Palace. It's like night and day. She has her garden set up, and she has where she's going to plant her flowers—she has a green thumb, so she's definitely going to be busy with that too."
- Meghan Markle posted a photo of her secret Halloween date with Prince Harry on Instagram – and no one realised
- Meghan Markle returns to her Hollywood party days with fun photo booth session at The Fashion Awards 2018
- Everything you need to know about Meghan Markle’s new favourite designer Safiyaa
- Meghan Markle's new haircut has people talking about Diana again
- Meghan Markle pregnant – new royal baby is due in Spring
- Meghan Markle shares the same toe condition as Harry's two ex-girlfriends
- Meghan Markle’s nephew set to reveal ‘shocking secrets’ about the pregnant Royal in explosive new reality show
- Meghan Markle’s sister Samantha breaks silence over pregnancy news to say she hopes royal baby will help heal family rift
- Meghan Markle's jewellery pays tribute to Princess Diana
- Meghan Markle re-wears Diana's aquamarine ring from her wedding day
- Princess Diana’s heartfelt letter telling a fan going through a break up to ‘hang on in there’ tipped to sell at auction for £4k
- Former royal maid reveals how Meghan Markle’s outfits have been chosen for the tour, including backups for EVERY piece
- Meghan Markle quotes: What the Duchess of Sussex said about Kate Middleton, Prince Harry and more
- Meghan Markle plans to pass this expensive designer heirloom on to her daughter
- Proof Meghan Markle doesn’t own an iron? Duchess’ VERY rumpled up wardrobe revealed (and even her wedding dress needed a steam)
- 10 fabulous things you can still buy from Meghan Markle's royal tour
- Meghan Markle pregnant: Duke and Duchess of Sussex tell of joy as they announce they are expecting a child
- Prince Harry needs to welcome Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas into the fold – as he’s one man that’ll always have her back
- Pregnant Meghan Markle's stylish Australian tour wardrobe
- Inside the £1 million home Meghan Markle left behind in Toronto… and it’s fit for a princess
Meghan Markle Shares New Photo of Archie on Her First Mother's Day - with a Special Tribute to Princess Diana have 1061 words, post on people.com at May 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.