Logan Newman USA TODAY High School Sports Published 1:50 PM EDT May 18, 2019 Ted Ginn has made a long, productive NFL career out of being one of the fastest players in the game. Ginn is so confident in his abilities, in fact, he told Bleacher Report’s Adam Lefkoe that he was willing to race anybody pole to pole for “$10,000 or better.” He never thought a high schooler who actually stands a chance would take him up on it. Matthew Boling, a senior at Houston’s Strake Jesuit who has earned the nickname “White Lightning” as he breaks track and field records, responded to a Pro Football Talk tweet about Ginn’s wager with one word. Looks like Ginn has some competition. Boling is best known for breaking 10 seconds on the 100-meter dash with a wind-aided time and then breaking the official national high school record for the same race last week, but he’s more than just a short sprinter. The day after breaking the official record, he anchored the 1600-meter dash. He started back by about 20 meters but still pulled out the victory. But Ginn is no slouch either. He was a track phenom in high school, winning the national championship and two state titles on… Read full this story
- WATCH: Captain Rory Best on the challenge facing Ulster against Racing 92 in Paris
- Melbourne Cup: Cross Counter first British-trained horse to win Australia's famous race
- Managing director John Baker looks ahead to return of racing at Aintree
- By the numbers: The first 100 Cup races at Talladega Superspeedway
- Power Rankings: Can Truex Jr. avoid a crash?
- Born to drive: Irish racing driver James (19) is an example to us all
- Martin Truex Jr finishes second at Dover International Speedway
- Pro-Brexit Conservatives struggling to gather support for Theresa May leadership challenge
- Who is Pippa Middleton's husband James Matthews? What you need to know
- Moore campaign worker takes witness stand in primary challenge
Matthew Boling challenges Tedd Ginn Jr. to race have 319 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at May 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.