A 32-year-old man has been arrested this morning in connection with the serious assault of a pedestrian in Dublin.
The injured man, 44, remains in hospital with serious injuries after the incident on Price’s Lane in Temple Bar on April 26.
Gardaí at Pearse St said the suspect made his way onto Aston Quay near the junction with Bedford Row where he removed items of his clothing and appeared to lie down on the street.
They had appealed for information and said the man’s behaviour attracted public attention and may have been recorded on mobile phones.
The man arrested in Dublin city today is detained at Pearse St Garda Station under the Provisions of Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984.
Gardaí say investigations are ongoing.
- Man in hospital after Temple Bar stabbing
- Gardaí appeal for witnesses in connection with alleged assault in Temple Bar
- Man in custody after serious assault in Dublin
- Franklin man alleges assault at Asbury Park bar over lack of service to black woman
- Staten Island man charged with murder in road-rage death of firefighter
- Kenya: EACC, Judiciary Pledge Renewed Efforts to Fight the Corrupt
- Zimbabwe: Kwekwe Dumps Solar Street Lights Project
- Third of US sees media as enemy
- The murder of Anthony Adams: A four-decade-old mystery that Salt Lake City police are still investigating