Doris Day has died at the age of 97, her Animal Foundation charity has confirmed.
The legendary actress and singer shot to fame in the 50s and 60s and went on to enjoy a showbiz career of more than 80 years.
Day began her career as a big band singer in 1939, but soon went on to star in a series of big movies.
Her early films included Pillow Talk, Love Me or Leave Me and The Man Who Knew Too Much.
She later became one of the biggest female stars in the 60s and in 2011 she released an album of unreleased music called My Heart.
We’ll be bringing you the latest updates on this breaking celebrity news story. Mirror.co.uk/3am . Twitter @DailyMirror – the official Daily Mirror & Mirror Online Twitter account – real news in real time. Facebook /dailymirror – your news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Mirror Online.
- French WWII resistance hero Raymond Aubrac dies aged 97
- Wife of legendary Grambling coach Eddie Robinson dies at 96
- Tennis career Grand Slam winner Doris Hart dies at 89
- Former Canadiens F Lach dies at 97
- Legendary tennis journalist Bud Collins dies at age 86
- Manzon, last surviving member of F1’s first season, dies at age 97
- ‘Unbroken’ war hero, Olympic distance runner Louis Zamperini dies at 97
- Legendary NASCAR broadcaster Barney Hall dies at 83
- Hall of Fame Canadiens center Lach dies at 97
- John Siegal, oldest former Bears player and 3-time champ, dies at 97