Frankie and Benny’s, the Italian American restaurant chain, is offering hope to all former employees of Jamie Oliver’s restaurants after the chain announced closure plans.
The celebrity chef announced earlier this week that he was putting his restaurants into administration – with 22 of his 25 outlets closing putting 1,000 people out of work.
But now Frankie and Benny’s has promised all 1,000 former team members from Jamie’s Italian a guaranteed interview, if they want to continue working in the catering sector.
Frankie and Benny’s have more than 250 restaurants nationwide, including one in Lockmeadow, Maidstone; Longbridge Road, Tunbridge Wells; Chariot Way, Rochester, and Hempstead Valley, Gillingham.
The company said it wanted to help those individuals that had been affected by Jamie Oliver’s restaurants going into administration.
Frankie & Benny’s said anyone who has lost their job with Jamie’s Italian could send their CV to [email protected] putting ‘Jobs for Jamie’ in the subject line, for a guaranteed telephone interview.
Bridget Hutchinson, a director at Frankie and Benny’s, said: “It was very shocking to hear the news about Jamie’s Italian earlier this week.
“Discussing it with the team, we wanted to do something to help the hundreds of employees who were let go and job less as a result.
“We hope by offering any employees an interview so we can help them to get back on their feet as soon as possible. So, if you are in need due to the recent news please get in touch, we have jobs waiting for you!”
- Jamie Oliver's cooking playlist: Celebrity chef dices and chops to Coldplay, Neil Diamond and Bob Marley
- Jamie Oliver to open Italian eateries in the US and Canada; British celebrity chef’s chain Jamie’s Italian to go global
- Jamie Oliver joins Paula Deen and Guy Fieri for 'unhealthiest cookbooks' of 2011
- Jamie Oliver calls reporter a ‘b----h’ for commenting on his weight gain while promoting healthy eating
- Chef Jamie Oliver launching a YouTube channel with show 'Food Tube'
- Jamie Oliver's latest book promises meals in 15 minutes
- Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Day to take place in 488 cities with at least 800 000 people to participate
- Jamie Oliver helping out families with special toolkit for healthy food at home
- Jamie Oliver meets monster sandwich created from 50 McDonald's Filet-0-Fish sandwiches in viral video
- Jamie Oliver blasts athletes like David Beckham for peddling junk food on eve of 2012 Olympics