To help make sure you stay informed on the most shared and talked about stories, each Saturday and Sunday we’ll revisit 5 stories from the previous week, including the most recent updates.
The Connecticut House of Representatives passed a bill on Thursday that would raise the minimum wage in the state to $15 by 2023. The vote came after 14 hours of debate. Republicans in the House said passing the bill was a mistake and that it will hurt businesses and workers in the long run. The bill now goes to the Senate. See more on the minimum wage battle here.
House Passes Bill to Raise Minimum Wage
After 14 hours of debate, the state House of Representatives passed a bill that would raise the minimum wage to $15 over the next several years.
(Published Thursday, May 9, 2019)
Another School Shooting
One student was killed and eight others injured when two classmates opened fire inside a charter school in Colorado, just miles away from Columbine High School. The shooting’s lone fatality was Kendrick Castillo, a friendly 18-year-old who leaped from his desk in a literature class and charged the two attackers, sacrificing his life to buy classmates time to escape. The two shooters, an 18-year-old male and a juvenile female were both taken into custody. See more on the shooting here.
Student Killed in Colo. School Shooting; 2 in Custody
Two students opened fire Tuesday inside a charter school in an affluent suburb of Denver not far from Columbine High School, killing a teenager, wounding eight and spreading minutes of terror before they were taken into custody with no injuries, authorities said.
(Published Wednesday, May 8, 2019)
On Monday, royal-watchers received the news they had been waiting for. The royal baby was born to Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan. Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was introduced to the world on Wednesday. Prince Harry said he was “over the moon” about the birth of his son and Meghan called being a mother “magic.” For more on the royal baby, click here.
Meghan, Harry Give World a First Look at Baby Archie
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, gives the world a first look at Baby Sussex, named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, just two days after he was born.
(Published Wednesday, May 8, 2019)
South Shore Furniture is recalling about 310,000 chests after a 2-year-old was killed and another child was injured by units that tipped over and fell on top of them. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday that the chests are unstable if they are not secured to a wall and could result in death or injuries to children. For details on the types of chests, click here.
Winter Is Coming To Hartford
The “Game of Thrones” Live Concert Experience is coming to the Xfinity Theatre on September 11. The show features live music by Ramin Djawadi from the hit HBO series. See when tickets go on sale here.
- Missing Tilly Thorpe, 12 last seen on Monday found safe and well
- Woman reunited with her missing dog after 12 years
- Pac-12 midseason report: Top players, coach, storylines and all-conference teams
- Pictured: 'Happy-go-lucky' Everton fan, 12, who died after being electrocuted while playing near high-voltage railway lines
- 'I'm happy to be here for the weekend'
- CPS will review case of 'Cinderella schoolgirl' Amber Peat, 13
- EXCLUSIVE: Husband of missing Connecticut mom is seen sharing sushi with mystery woman, hover-boarding and piling debris from his home into a dumpster as he declares love for his kids and waits for permission to reunite with girlfriend
- World Tourism Day: Things to do in Northern Ireland this weekend
- What happened to Libby Squire and when did she go missing?
- What to watch (and what to avoid) on TV this weekend
In Case You Missed It Weekend Digest: May 12 have 609 words, post on www.nbcconnecticut.com at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.