The Maynooth youngster was thrust into the spotlight for a stunning Premier League debut with Bournemouth that announced his arrival. A clean sheet and man of the match performance on his debut against Spurs was followed by a sobering 5-3 defeat to Crystal Palace but the responsibility and exposure to top flight pressure has put Travers into a different bracket. After starting the season as third choice keeper, he’s now got a taste for regular first team action. Travers is in Portugal this week, training with the Ireland squad at The Campus in Quinta Do Lago. His goalkeeping coach Alan Kelly spoke earlier this week about how he firmly believes Travers has the attitude and ability to operate in elite company. However, he also warned that minutes on the pitch are the most important part of a goalkeeper’s development. Travers was coy on his future too, having previously stated that a loan move would appeal. “Nobody knows yet,” he said, “It’s probably too soon to say and we’ll probably find out more in ore-season. If that is the option, that I have to go down just to play games, then we’ll have to wait and see. Hopefully I train well… Read full this story
- ‘I just want justice’: Black transgender woman found murdered in torched car, police say
- ‘We just want the truth’ says wife of tragic man infected by NHS blood at Blackpool Victoria Hospital
- Catalogue of abuse: seeking justice for the Rohingya
- Family of woman left skint by gold-digger speak of hunt for justice
- We just want to do ourselves justice, says Tigers forward Greg Bateman
- Holiday home Brit killed in Caribbean machete attack is focus of justice fight
- Justice Secretary vows to consider family’s call for ‘Michelle’s Law’
- Son of murdered jail warder wants Belfast city centre ban on dissident procession
- Family urge Justice Secretary to implement "Michelle's law"
- Meet the Hitler Sympathizer Who Just Won a Missouri State House Primary
'I just wanted to go out there and do myself justice' have 333 words, post on www.independent.ie at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.