‘Sustainability’, ‘renewable energy’, ‘clean air’, ‘plastic free’, these are the buzzwords circulating around the RHS Chelsea Flower Show this year. Concern about climate change is widespread, an almost palpable anguish sits amidst beds and borders, and the message is loud and clear: things need to change. “We’re in a global climate change disaster,” RHS Ambassador Baroness Benjamin OBE explains. “We’ve got to start reinventing ourselves and creating a different world to deal with it. “Look at Chelsea – the beauty of Chelsea, the nature of Chelsea. The environment is such an incredible gift that we human beings have been given and yet we’re squandering it. We’re just chucking it away and we’ve got to stop – stop, and take action.” This year’s show answers the call. From introducing new plant species to generating electricity through plant technology, multiple ways in which man can work in tandem with nature to battle climate change are visible to all who venture into the world-famous horticultural haven this week. For those not in possession of a golden (green) ticket, discover how five special gardens are supporting the environment below. The Harmonious Garden of Life Designer: Laurélie de la Salle “Right now, sustainability is not an… Read full this story
- Why Climate Change is Not Worth Worrying About
- Climate Change - Is Global Warming a New Phenomena?
- Climate Change - Addressing the Challenge
- Climate Change - Impacts on the Development of Real Estate
- Climate Change - Deception Or Ignorance?
- Causes of Climate Change Are Both Natural and Artificially Induced
- Preparing For Climate Change - Why It Is Important To Act Today!
- Extinction Rebellion N.S. members on hunger strike to urge action on climate change crisis
- Climate Change - Thanks to Media Bias the Yes Case is Loud, But Hollow
- Climate Change - Are Australian Droughts Caused by Global Warming?
How 5 RHS Chelsea gardens are tackling climate change have 312 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.