The Health Secretary is reportedly considering making child immunisations compulsory as he accused anti-vaccination campaigners of having ‘blood on their hands’, sparking fury online. According to The Times, Matt Hancock said he was ‘completely open to all options’ in how to increase vaccination rates, including by making them mandatory. It comes after figures released by Unicef last week showed that more than half a million children in the UK were unvaccinated against measles between 2010 and 2017. Mr Hancock told the paper: ‘The evidence is really clear that vaccination is good for you and your children and, critically, protects people who can’t be vaccinated for medical reasons. ‘Those who have promoted the anti-vaccination myth are morally reprehensible, deeply irresponsible and have blood on their hands.’ The Health Secretary has also previously said he ‘wouldn’t rule out anything’ when asked whether unvaccinated children should be banned from schools. Half a million children in the UK have not been vaccinated against measles amid a rise in online ‘antivaxx’ scare stories, it was revealed today (stock image) ‘I wouldn’t rule out anything but I don’t think we’re there yet,’ he told Talk Radio last week. Dutch nurseries ban unvaccinated children Any child who… Read full this story
- Teaching unions call for face masks to be made mandatory for children in secondary schools when they finally return in September amid row over 'out of step guidance'
- Parents should NOT buy face masks for children under three because they 'can cause choking and suffocation', Public Health England warns
- How to combat the anti-vaxxer message
- Schools reopening UK: Six things parents need to know before children go back after coronavirus lockdown
- 'We cannot apologise': Dominic Raab DEFENDS decision to axe quarantine-free travel to Spain overnight despite British tourists - including Transport Secretary Grant Shapps - already arriving for holidays as Labour brands move 'shambolic'
- Government scientist Neil Ferguson, 51 - whose death toll projections sparked lockdown - QUITS after admitting he allowed married mistress, 38, to break stay-at-home rules to visit him for trysts
- Boris Johnson says he 'fully intends' all children will return to schools in September amid fury from parents that zoos and shops are reopening first - with government mulling drafting in an army of retired teachers to help pupils
- Former Officials Say The Elite Border Patrol Unit Sent To Confront Portland Protesters Is Like A “Fish Out Of Water”
- Coronavirus latest: Mandatory airport tests for at-risk German returnees
- Coronavirus UPDATES: Face coverings to be mandatory in takeaways including McDonald's
Health secretary's 'plan for mandatory child vaccinations' sparks anti-vax fury as parents brand move 'like Nazi Germany' have 410 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 4, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.