Diss Rugby Club are the latest club to have joined England Rugby’s Inner Warrior campaign.The initiative is designed to offer women a less daunting way of broadening their horizons as it encourages women to step out of their comfort zone with a fun introduction into taking up the sport.Since the start of January 2017, more than 10,000 women across the country have given rugby a try at their local Warrior Camp, and now Diss are putting on a session at Mackenders on Wednesday, May 22 (7pm).Vicky Macqueen, former England Rugby international, said of the initiative: “Rugby is a team sport and so the teamwork and camaraderie that comes with that is awesome for confidence and a sense of belonging.“The physical benefits are brilliant too, you will get stronger, leaner, faster and healthier and this in turn has a positive impact on your mental health. Rugby makes you feel good about yourself, especially after the endorphins released from playing the game.“I owe many friendships, personal achievements and my physical fitness and health to the sport of rugby, and I am all about inspiring more and more people to pick up a ball and give it a try.”Meanwhile, Steve Grainger, Rugby Football… Read full this story
- Wales bid to host England, Australia World Cup games
- England exits Euro 2012 after familiar penalty shootout failure
- Cole free for England after apology to FA boss
- Milestone man Gerrard keen to write more England chapters
- Is China's Silk Road Initiative an interest in the East Sea?
- Australian initiative aims for fair trade competition in Vietnam
- Captain Gerrard sent off in England draw
- RugbyU: England on alert against Australia
- French deny 'uprising' reports at Rugby World Cup
- World’s first woman who visits globe’s three extremes comes to Vietnam
England Rugby initiative is coming to Diss’ Mackenders have 300 words, post on www.dissexpress.co.uk at May 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.