Police are still on the lookout for a 23-year-old woman who fled the Oamaru station yesterday afternoon after leading police on a chase that averaged roughly 40kmh. After the woman failed to stop about 10am in Beach Rd, police initiated the slow pursuit, covering roughly 6km in nine minutes, before the fleeing driver ran out of petrol, Sergeant Craig Sew Hoy, of Oamaru, said. The driver, from Oamaru, and her passenger were both arrested after the would-be getaway vehicle ran out of petrol in Waianakarua Rd, near the intersection of Maheno-Kakanui Rd, shortly after crossing the Kakanui River bridge. Police spoke to the driver, who was wanted for a breach of bail — she was arrested and charged with being unlicensed and forbidden to drive, and failing to stop. Her passenger, a 20-year-old Oamaru man, was arrested and charged with possession of cannabis. The nearest petrol station is at Maheno about 11km away. After the woman was taken to the police station, and was “given some time to speak with a lawyer on the phone”, she “made her way out of the police station”, a police spokeswoman said.
- Driver flees car after police chase
- Wigan police launch probe after driver flees scene of crash
- Arrests made after driver flees crash outside train station
- Driver flees police in chase, then escapes from station
- Driver flees after police chase
- Watch driver flee police at 100mph on WRONG side of motorway
- Driver flees after pedestrian fatally hit in Christchurch
- Learner driver hits 100mph in police chase
- Driver flees after pedestrian fatally hit
Driver flees station after empty tank ends chase have 258 words, post on www.odt.co.nz at May 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.