Craig Hall is hoping to agree a new contract to stay at Hull KR beyond the end of the year but admits he may have to look elsewhere if terms cannot be agreed.
The utility back signed a one-year deal at the end of last season after a successful loan spell and was free to talk to other clubs from May 1.
But Hall is keen to avoid a repeat of his unwanted exit in 2014.
“We’re currently negotiating, hopefully to stay,” he told Hull Live.
“I’ve not really put any feelers out anywhere else because this is where I want to be. But I might have to look elsewhere if we can’t agree on terms.
“I’ve loved it since I came back last year. I didn’t want to leave in the first place but it happened.”
Hall has been one of KR’s shining lights in a difficult campaign for the club so far.
The 31-year-old has featured in every game and is Rovers’ joint top tryscorer with five, while only Blake Austin and Jermaine McGillvary have made more than his 21 clean breaks.
“I’ve been enjoying what I’ve been doing on the pitch lately,” he said.
“Obviously I’ve been playing full-back because of injuries but I’m just happy to be playing.
“It’s been good. Drinky (Josh Drinkwater) and Mags (Danny McGuire) have been a help to me, getting us around the field and I can just pop up in places where I need to be. As the games have gone on I’ve got a bit better at it.
“Hopefully Quinny (Adam Quinlan) will be back in the next couple of weeks and he’ll definitely add to the team. Then I can go back to my wing and do what I do.”
- Hull KR Captain leaves on "Compassionate Grounds"
- Craig Hall leaves Hull KR for Featherstone
- Jimmy Keinhorst among three players told they can leave Hull KR
- Hull KR 2019 ratings as overseas players stand out
- Hull KR confirm Joel Tomkins departure on compassionate grounds
- Joel Tomkins to leave Hull KR
- Hull KR fans react to Joel Tomkins' impending departure
- James Webster to leave Hull KR to take on a new coaching role
- Live Hull KR Q&A: Recruitment, departures and announcements
- Hull KR tie down exciting young half-back Mikey Lewis