THE positive effects of group music-making were trumpeted at Saturday’s Health and Wellbeing Market in Wick.Pentland Brass Band opened the event at the Pulteney Centre with an uplifting selection of traditional tunes and movie compositions from a mix of junior and senior members, while later there was an opportunity for the public to join in with the Caithness Handbell Ringers.It was part of a busy day of activities organised by Caithness Health Improvement Forum with Caithness Voluntary Group (CVG) and Pulteneytown People’s Project. There were more than 20 stalls offering information on health and wellbeing services that can be accessed locally.There are so many things about making music that are good for health and wellbeing.Overseeing the musical performances was Thurso musician Katrina Gordon. She and Susie Dingle established caithnessmusic.com as a social enterprise to encourage group-music making in the county.Research has shown that the many benefits of taking part in music include relieving stress, improving concentration, building self-esteem and boosting brain power.“There are so many things about making music that are good for health and wellbeing,” Katrina explained after the conclusion of the brass band session on the upper foyer.“I think the main thing is the effect that it has… Read full this story
- Health Club Marketing Ideas and Tips
- Health Club Marketing Success in Three Simple Steps
- Health Club Marketing and the Internet
- Health Club Marketing to Your Current Members Vs. New Members
- Affordable Health Plan - Choose the Right Medical Plan
- Affordable Health Coverage With the Right Individual Health Plan
- Marketing the Right Product at the Right Price
- Mental Health Wellbeing - What Stops You From Being in Balance?
- 3 Major Things to Consider When Deciding What Health Insurance Carrier is Right For Me
- Catastrophic Health Insurance - Is it Right For You?
Caithness Health and Wellbeing Market strikes the right note have 303 words, post on www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk at May 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.