In a country where thousands of little towns are being deserted by younger people moving to the cities, the village of Solomeo is thriving, and it’s mainly the work of one extraordinary man. His name is Brunello Cucinelli, and if you haven’t heard of him, maybe it’s because you’re not shopping in the right places. Cucnelli makes luxury wear – the finest fabrics all very carefully made into clothing bound for the best stores and the brightest lights. Ryan Reynolds has been known to show up on the red carpet wearing Cucinelli; so has Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio. A Cucinelli cashmere sweater can cost $2,000. A suit? Closer to $5,000. And it was all started by a man with a dream, and not much else. Brunello Cucinelli was born near Solomeo in 1953, and grew up in a house with no plumbing or electricity. As a young man, inspired by the woman he would eventually marry, he hit on the idea of making knitwear. He had no money when he started his business. “We were farmers, so I did not have even a dollar in my pocket,” he said. So, with a $500 loan, he made a handful of… Read full this story
- BRITs 2020: Irina Shayk giggles with glee as she puts on a VERY giddy display with her fashion designer pal while leaving Warner after party
- Milan Fashion Week: Gucci extends news cycle with Rocket Man
- Milan Fashion Week: Irony prevails at Benetton, transparent femininity at Prada
- Fashion Forward: Tommy Hilfiger on TommyXLewis collection, collaboration with Lewis Hamilton and more
- NFL Star JJ Watt on Designing His First Shoe, Dressing His 6’5” Frame and His Date Night Style Philosophy
- Sunnei to Palm Angels, streetwear in fashion focus in Milan
- Smell like you: why gender-free is the future of fragrance
- Versace goes punk wild with homey looks
- Irony prevails at Benetton, transparent femininity at Prada
- Do we need to hide who we are to speak freely in the era of identity politics?
Brunello Cucinelli: Fashion and philosophy have 330 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at May 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.