A pet cat that has been stuck on a railway bridge for six days is still stranded after a rescue attempt failed.
Five-year-old Hatty went missing from her home in Saltash, Cornwall, more than two weeks ago, according to owner Kirsty Howden.
She was spotted on the Royal Albert Bridge, which connects Plymouth and Saltash, on Friday.
Firefighters spent nearly five hours trying to save her during the operation that began at about 13:00 BST.
The Royal Albert Bridge carries the main line in and out of Cornwall across the River Tamar.
It’s thought Hatty was scared on to her precarious perch beneath the line by a passing train – and she has been stuck ever since.
Firefighters hacked away undergrowth to bring in one of their biggest ladders and offered a selection of treats to try to lure her out.
But nothing worked and the rescue was called off – leaving her stranded on the bridge for another night.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service, the RSPCA and Network Rail said they were working on a plan to rescue her on Thursday.
Network Rail said it intended to close a section of the line in the early hours of the morning so that firefighters could reach Hatty from the tracks.
Ms Howden, 39, thanked the rescue teams for their help.
Related Internet Links
- SPCA rescues & cleans up injured cat stuck in glue trap
- Dog Found Swimming Alone in Lake Michigan 4 Miles Offshore Rescued and Reunited with Owners
- Inside the Ever Given's Suez Canal rescue: How tides, tugboats helped free the big ship
- New Dogs, Cats, Pets Up For Adoption At Grand Rapids Area Shelters
- Street's power turned off for dramatic cat rescue
- ‘Still Can’t Believe It Worked’: The Story of the Thailand Cave Rescue
- Stray cat inspires Swansea student's cycling challenge
- London Bridge terror attack: Police shoot dead knifeman - Two members of public killed
- China tunnel rescue: 14 construction workers trapped in flooded underpass in Zhuhai
- Explained: How India evacuated 5000 stranded in Yemen
- Hanoi autistic boy wedged between two walls rescued after 26 hours
- Amazing video captures moment mom squirrel rescues its baby taken by crow
- Rescued Syrian brown bears in Lebanon head for US
- Steven Spielberg’s superb Bridge Of Spies pits Tom Hanks against the Cold War
- London Bridge hero wins early release from jail: Convicted killer who tackled terrorist with narwhal tusk is given parole
- U.S. ATTACKED; HIJACKED JETS DESTROY TWIN TOWERS AND HIT PENTAGON IN DAY OF TERROR
- Cat Missing From Collapsed Surfside Condo Found Alive And Well, Reunited With Owners
- Girls, 11, rescued after one falls through ice on frozen river and another stranded
- Egypt's Suez Canal blocked by stranded container ship blown sideways in dust storm
- Cardiff rescue: Dog freed after getting head stuck in gate
Bridge cat stuck for six days still stranded after rescue fails have 514 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.