PUBLISHED: 09:58 24 May 2019 | UPDATED: 09:58 24 May 2019 What is the key to happiness, asks Peter Sharkey, and how much should you save to ensure it at 60? Picture: Getty Images Archant Few 30 year-olds enjoy Jordan Rogers’ luck, says financial adviser Peter Sharkey. ‘Penniless care worker inherits stately home’ ran the newspaper headline earlier this week, a must-read story for those of us fascinated by rags-to-riches tales. This one centred on Jordan Rogers, 31, who moved into the 1,536-acre Penrose National Trust estate, described as “one of Britain’s finest country estates”, after a DNA test proved he was the illegitimate son of the previous aristocratic owner who died of a drug overdose last year. Mr Rogers has wasted no time making a few changes at Penrose, installing a gym and buying a Mercedes C63 – the coupé version would have set him back £34,365, a modest sum considering his new-found wealth. Perhaps people who acquire considerable wealth overnight are keen to keep their feet on the ground – apparently, the first thing most lottery winners buy is a washing machine. I suspect that whenever many of us read stories such as Mr Rogers’, or see details… Read full this story
- Pregnant Jodie Turner-Smith and Joshua Jackson head out for a low-key dinner date after confirming they're expecting a baby girl
- Happy Birthday Puneeth Rajkumar: Throwback To Power Star’s Five Unforgettable Silver Screen Outings
- Courteney Cox Plays Alicia Keys’ New Song, Co-Written by Boyfriend Johnny McDaid, on the Piano
- 'Happiness is contagious too': caring for each other makes us feel better – experts
- Winery launches 'coronavino' care packages and a 'digital happy hour' for patrons to keep their business going amid coronavirus
- How to hygge: The Danish secret to a happy home
- Alicia Keys on her struggle to know herself
- TikTok’s ‘Happy at Home’ Week Wants to Ease Your Quarantine Boredom
- Cheryl reveals she's keeping things low-key for son Bear's third birthday amid coronavirus crisis... as ex Liam Payne deems her a 'very special lady' in heartwarming Mother's Day post
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Celebrate 9-Year Anniversary: 'We Still Feel Like Young Love'
Are these the five keys to happiness? have 345 words, post on www.cambstimes.co.uk at May 24, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.