Alastair Campbell has been something of a Labour party fixture for the last twenty years – but not any longer. Blair’s former spin doctor has just been given the boot from the party for revealing that he voted Lib Dem at the European elections. Campbell said he was ‘sad’ and ‘disappointed’ to get an email from Labour expelling him from the party:
‘I am and always will be Labour. I voted Lib Dem, without advance publicity, to try to persuade Labour to do right thing for country/party. In light of appeal, I won’t be doing media on this. But hard not to point out difference in the way anti-Semitism cases have been handled.’
Campbell has said he will appeal against the decision, which came in response to him telling LBC listeners that he voted for the Lib Dems to send a ‘message’ to Labour.
Mr S. for one hopes that the Labour party takes the same no-tolerance approach with those members accused of anti-Semitism…
What to read next
- Alastair Campbell kicked out of Labour after voting Lib Dem
- Alastair Campbell thrown out of Labour after voting Lib Dem
- Alastair Campbell 'expelled' from Labour
- Alastair Campbell expelled from the Labour Party
- Why was Alastair Campbell expelled from the Labour Party?
- Cherie Blair did not vote for Labour in European elections
- Alastair Campbell says he ‘no longer’ wishes to be Labour member
- Alastair Campbell thrown out of Labour Party
- UK Labour expels former Blair aide Alastair Campbell