Picture: AFP London. The British government on Thursday postponed a crucial Brexit vote scheduled for the first week of June, following an outcry from hardline Brexiteers over concessions made by Prime Minister Theresa May, AFP reported. The beleaguered premier is in the last throes of a tumultuous period in power focused all-but exclusively on guiding her fractured country out of the European Union. “We will update the house on the publication and introduction of the Withdrawal Agreement Bill on our return from the Whitsun recess” on June 4, government official Mark Spencer told MPs. Spencer said the government had planned to hold the vote on a landmark piece of legislation to implement Brexit on June 7 but had not been able to fix this date. May is under intense pressure to resign after holding out the prospect of a parliamentary vote on a second referendum to try and persuade MPs to support the divorce deal she has struck with EU leaders. The deal has already been rejected three times in parliament, forcing a delay to the planned date of Brexit on March 29, and still faces strong cross-party opposition. — ‘Brexit fiasco’ – Meanwhile there are already several leading Conservatives,… Read full this story
- Brexit Vote Gives Rise to Everyday Xenophobia, Weakens Rights Protections
- Brexit chaos: Theresa May's government loses crucial vote once again on flagship Brexit deal
- Pound falls against dollar, euro after British lawmakers reject Brexit timetable
- UK construction in contraction for first time since Brexit vote aftermath
- British government ‘has numbers’ in parliament to pass Brexit deal – Foreign secretary
- ‘Death threats every single day’: MPs on effect of Brexit vote
- Trawler 14 times the size of UK fishing boats is plundering fish from British waters before Brexit
- Boris Johnson promises Brexit vote by Christmas as Conservatives launch manifesto
- British Government Stands Behind Ambassador Who Called Donald Trump 'Incompetent' and 'Insecure'
- Weetabix warns it may raise prices due to fall in pound since Brexit vote
AFP: British government postpones Brexit vote have 321 words, post on www.focus-fen.net at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.