0 Have your say Aberdeen vice chairman Dave Cormack has revealed the club intend to tie up Derek McInnes on a new long-term contract before the start of the new season. The Atlanta-based software tycoon insisted earlier this week that the Dons manager wasn’t interested in the vacant Scotland job. Instead, Cormack believes that McInnes, who previously rejected approaches by Sunderland and Rangers, has ambitions to take charge of an English Premier League team.However, he is convinced McInnes will be around long enough to extend his current deal with the Pittodrie club that still has another year to run. Cormack said: “His aspirations would be to coach in the English Premier League but he’s totally committed to Aberdeen. There’s a trust between Derek and the board and we’ll get to that contract in due course.“From our perspective we’ll probably get together over the next wee while.“What we see day to day with Derek is someone that’s totally committed. It would be unfair of me to get into any detail about his contract but nobody is insecure about getting Derek tied down.“You can never say never – football is a crazy world but Derek is looking forward to getting to Florida with… Read full this story
- A New New Deal
- Want To Find Used Vehicle Deals? Secret Car Bargains Revealed!
- Do You REALLY Want to Enter That New Market?
- Ten Things You Would Not Want to Miss in New Zealand
- Edwards Wants To Build A New Energy Economy in NH
- Who Else Wants to Easily Make New Friends?
- Want To Learn A New Language? Why Not Add Music To The Mix?
- Northern Ireland - A New Dawn and Strange Bedfellows
- Top Reasons Why Specialist Comparison Sites Should Be The Best Source For Your Next Phone Deal
- 12 Months Free Deal - Temptation at its Best
Aberdeen want to get Derek McInnes ‘tied down’ on new deal have 315 words, post on www.scotsman.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.