A brand new food and drink festival is headed to Wirral later this year, to celebrate the peninsula’s year as Borough of Culture.
The festival launches this September, from Saturday 7 to Sunday 8, in Birkenhead Park and will feature elements curated by Wirral-born chef Paul Askew of The Art School Restaurant .
Bringing together an abundance of local producers and celebrity chefs from Wirral and beyond, the festival will be a haven for foodies.
Wirral Food and Drink Festival will offer activities for all the family, along with art, entertainment, and a mouthwatering array of food and drink.
Lucy Barrow, assistant director for culture and visitor economy at Wirral Council said: “Wirral’s status as a foodie destination is well-known and we’re delighted to be bringing the Wirral Food and Drink Festival to Birkenhead Park in September as part of our Borough of Culture year.
“Working alongside with such respected culinary talent as Paul Askew, this Festival will show what an exceptional gastronomic offer we have here in Wirral – from our brilliant local producers to homegrown talent.”
Paul Askew, chef patron of The Art School Restaurant added: “I am absolutely delighted to be playing a part in the Wirral Food and Drink Festival which will be a special showcase of what we have to offer from field to fork.
“In 2019, when the eyes of the region and beyond are on Wirral, I want us to shout about our wonderful food and drink culture, our reputation for quality produce and our fantastic natural assets and to make sure we embrace this great opportunity to introduce the festival to residents and visitors and to build a fantastic legacy through this becoming a future annual event.”
Further information of the festival is set to be released soon.
To find out more, visit www.imaginewirral.com .
Follow reporter Elle May Rice on social media
Follow Elle on Twitter here.
You can read more of her stories here.
Email her on [email protected]
Or contact Elle on Facebook if you want to share any news, stories or updates.
Sign up to the What’s On newsletter – packed with brilliant things to see and do in Liverpool and beyond.
- Farmer goes back to where it all started for brand new Winter Supermoto series
- Deer Park football ringing in new season with festival Saturday night
- Going to the 49ers game? Your guide to new food choices at Levi’s Stadium
- BRAND NEW Hates BRAND NEW Jaguar Logo. And They Should
- The 'Familiar faces in brand new places' quiz
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival And More Events This Weekend
- ‘Glastonbury for kids’ festival coming to Knebworth
- Want A Brand New 1968 VW Bus? Brazil Celebrates Fifty Years Of Building Kombis
- A look at the Brooklyn Nets' brand new New York-themed aircraft from JetBlue
- Levi’s Stadium adds a new food concourse for 49ers games