Culture New York City Travel Museums Art There’s so much going on in New York, it’s easy to forget this metropolis is a world-class museum city, with a collection of institutions so revered it could go canvas-to-canvas with Paris and London. Here are nine New York City museums worthy of your attention. View an interactive Google Maps list of the best museums in New York. 1. American Museum of Natural History American Museum of Natural History (Central Park West & 79th St, New York, NY). iStock/Getty Images It’s not all dinosaur bones and taxidermied beasts at this Upper West Side institution, but they certainly are a big draw. So is the massive blue whale dangling from the ceiling and the 130 meteorites on display. Central Park West and 79th Street Brooklyn Museum (200 Eastern Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY). iStock/Getty Images Brooklyn’s biggest cultural institution is definitely worth a visit—it houses a fine collection of masterpieces, including works by John Singer Sargent, Frans Hals and Georgia O’Keefe. (Fittingly enough, O’Keefe’s painting of the Brooklyn Bridge are on view). 200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn The Frick Collection (1 E 70th St, New York, NY). iStock/Getty Images Anchored on Fifth Avenue and E 70th Street, the Frick can get lost among better-known neighbors… Read full this story
- 10 things you never knew you could do in New York
- Yankees' Aaron Judge donates headphones to New York City schools to support online learning
- Can you tawk the tawk? New Yorkers, including celebrities, compete for who has the best accent
- How super-rich Americans fled to New Zealand to stay in their lavish doomsday survival shelters during coronavirus crisis – but some of them didn't even know how to get into their bunkers
- The 21 New Books, Restaurants, Bars & Spirits to Check Out This Fall
- Victoria Beckham reveals New Year's resolution
- The Rolling Stones Talk 'Exhibitionism' and How Their New Album 'Made Itself'
- The 13 Best Things That Happened in Music This Week (April 17)
- You can now add a real Van Gogh to your ‘Animal Crossing’ home thanks to the Getty Museum
- New Ridgefield website to highlight livestreamed and virtual arts events
9 Best Museums in New York have 348 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.