DOG owners could risk fines of up to £100 simply for not carrying poo bags on them in some areas of the UK – and these aren’t the only odd pet laws you need to watch out for. Local councils are allowed to set their own rules call “byelaws”. And while you may understandably expect to pay a fine for not cleaning up your dog’s mess, many councils take it one step further by fining people for not carrying the means to pick up the poop to begin with. And if fines are ignored or not paid, dog walkers could risk having to cough up thousands of pounds if councils take you to court. Each council will have its own rules and it’s not clear how many implement these fines, so check with your local council to be on the safe side.Fines for not carrying dog poo bags Daventry District Council in Northamptonshire, for example, says failure to provide the means to pick up after a dog at the request of an authorised officer will result in a £100 fine.Fail to pay the fine and you could face a heftier £1,000 bill. North Somerset Council also requires dog walkers to… Read full this story
- Lack of personnel poses difficulties for dog supervision regulations
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- There's a dog training centre in Hanoi...
- Government approves horse, dog racing gambling
- Angry mob beats dog thief unconscious in central Vietnam
- Gov’t approves horse, dog racing gambling
- Vietnamese youth rally against dog slaughter and animal cruelty
- Mob justice claims another dog thief in northern Vietnam Society
- The fine art of museum management
- Mob beats, hospitalizes suspected dog thief in central Vietnam
You could get a £100 fine if you don’t have a poo bag while walking your dog have 280 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 11, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.