The Halifax-Huddersfield Union juniors face an uphill battle to retain their Yorkshire Inter-District League title after losing their opening match of 2019 by 24-12 away to Sheffield. The powerful home side monopolised the foursomes at Waterfront Golf Club, taking a 10-2 lead, and resisted a top-order fight back to win the singles 14-10.Huddersfield GC’s Dominic Hughes and Willow Valley’s Habib Khan were the visitors’ only winners in the morning, by the narrowest of margins.Halifax-Huddersfield’s Harry Mowl (Huddersfield), Matthew Holden (Lightcliffe) and Ben Walker (Huddersfield) won the top three singles matches but Meltham’s James Bailey was the only visiting player to add a further two points in the remaining nine contests.Frank Greaves’ side are next in action against East Riding at Halifax West End on Sunday, May 12.Scores (Sheffield names first) – J Wilson and J Morley bt H Mowl and M Holden 3 & 2, G Taylor and F Parlby bt L Walsh and F Sutcliffe 4 & 3, J Whaley and M Whittaker bt D Shaw-Radford and B Walker 1 up, L Holgate and M Cuartero bt J Bailey and N Sheard 8 & 7, T Broadley and S Longworth lost to D Hughes and H Khan 1 down,… Read full this story
- Manchester United Look Destined to Win the Premier League
- UEFA Champions League Action - Week 5 - Group Stage Review
- UEFA Champions League - Round of Sixteen Preview
- Italian Soccer - Inter on Top by Defeating Juve
- Discover the Peak District
- The Sports Betting Champ Product Overview
- Yorkshire - Places to Visit
- Yorkshire Terriers - Choosing the Breed of Dog That's Right For You
- Liberty League - Are All the Legal Problems With Liberty League True? You Must Read This!
- The Joys of South Yorkshire
Yorkshire Inter-District League: Champs beaten in opener have 285 words, post on www.brighouseecho.co.uk at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.