A Penparcau woman left her former partner with a head injury after hitting him with a glass, an Aberystwyth court has heard.
Lisa Williams, of 33 Fifth Avenue, admitted causing actual bodily harm to Jonathan Williams after she hit him with a glass after throwing a drink over him in an Aberystwyth bar during a row.
While defence solicitor Alan Lewis said Williams, 37, had not intended to injure her former partner during the incident.
Mr Lewis said the incident was sparked when a woman Mr Williams was talking to started laughing at Williams.
District Judge Gwyn Jones said the injury suffered by Mr Williams could have been significantly worse if the glass had hit him by his eye.
Prosecutor Kevin Challinor said the incident happened in Bar 46 in Aberystwyth on 22 February when Williams saw her ex-partner in the bar.
He was talking to a younger woman when, Mr Challinor said, Williams became angry and started shouting at Mr Williams.
She threw a drink over him, before throwing a second drink over him, however Mr Williams then felt something hit him and heard a glass shatter and realised he had been hit with a glass.
Mr Williams suffered a cut to his head which led to him getting treatment at Bronglais Hospital.
While Mr Williams had not supported the prosecution of Williams, Mr Challinor said the case had proceeded after Williams saw CCTV footage and accepted she had hit Mr Williams with the glass.
Mr Lewis said Williams rarely went out drinking and had become angry when the woman who Mr Williams was with started laughing at her.
However, he said she had not intended to cause any injury to Mr Williams and hadn’t realised she had let go of the glass.
He said Williams regretted what had happened and was embarrassed by the incident, especially as she had never appeared in court before.
District Judge Jones said while guidelines could mean he sent Williams to prison, the fact she had not been in trouble before and glowing references meant he was suspending a prison sentence.
He imposed a 26-week prison sentence, suspended for a year.
Williams will also have to complete 25 rehabilitation activity requirement days and 150 hours of unpaid work, as well as pay costs totalling £200.
- Nathan Lyon's ex-partner Mel Waring takes a BRUTAL swipe at his girlfriend Emma McCarthy as she shares a photo with her two daughters - amid rumours the WAG community is still divided by the cricketer's affair two years on
- Woman, 52, who chased her ex-partner with a five-inch knife because she thought he had stolen £380 from her is spared jail 'because she volunteers for a charity'
- Shock Figures Reveal One German Woman Assaulted by Partner Every Day on Average
- Scottish Labour deputy leader Alex Rowley resigns following claims he bombarded ex-partner with abusive messages
- Claremont serial killer trial sees private life of Bradley Edwards laid bare through ex-partners, home movies
- Labuschagne completes hundred, following Warner to hit two in a row
- My ex-partner ruined my life by exposing my secret escort past — and now my two kids have disowned me
- Johnny Depp Hits Ex-Lawyer With $30M Malpractice Suit While Fighting Ex-Biz Managers
- Woman hit by train after she fell onto tracks while talking on the phone: Police
- Prosecutors: Missing woman’s ex-boyfriend found dead in home