After running a small, electric BMW for six months, what is it like to adapt to a traditional estate as your everyday transport? Our Car: Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer 2.0 Turbo D SRI Nav List price when new: £26,060 OTR Price as tested: £29,335 Official fuel economy: 51.4mpg (EU Combined) Read more long-term tests April 2, 2019 Fuel economy this week: 39.1mpg Six thousand miles. Actually, about 24 miles shy of that, but that’s how many miles have rolled under the wheels of the Insignia since it arrived around six months ago. It’s gone back, and we’ll miss it. I chose the Insignia as something of an alternative to the trend to SUVs, the mainstream Vauxhall badge also a deliberate choice over the oh-so-predictable premium norm. Did I miss the fact it didn’t have a BMW, Audi or Mercedes-Benz badge on its grille? Not one bit. Indeed, being relatively rare among such popular premium machines made the Insignia Sports Tourer really stand out from them. And not being an SUV? Estate cars are more space-efficient, with more useful boots, and I like a practical family car. I’ve always admired how the Insignia looks, particularly in Sports Tourer guise. The SRI Nav spec was more… Read full this story
- ‘I feel deeply ripped off.’ Steep hikes in long-term care premiums jolting many consumers
- Are ESG Funds A Good, Long-Term Investment?
- Review: Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Elite
- The Long-Term Cost When Graduates Move Back Home
- Rich homebuyers are now ‘test-driving’ multimillion-dollar mansions
- Real estate news: Savi Ranch retail properties sell for a combined $54.5 million
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Battles Patrician Family for Campbell Soup
- Displaced Turks, Promised New Homes, Can Only Protest on an Empty Lot
- After A Comeback, 23andMe Faces Its Next Test
- Trump's family business unveils plans to invest £150m in Aberdeen
Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer on long-term test: the sleek family estate with loads of promise have 292 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.