A burst water main on Viaduct Road in Kirkstall is expected to cause congestion in the area this evening.
A spokeswoman for Leeds council has said: “A 12 inch water main on Viaduct Road has been damaged.
“Yorkshire Water are in attendance and traffic is currently being managed with two way temporary traffic signals.”
Leeds Travel Info tweeted: “Roadworks on Viaduct Road in Kirkstall between the A65 Kirkstall Road and Forge Lane.”
Drivers should expect delays along Kirkstall Road.
- Burst water main floods West Side, leaving residents without water
- Bronx water main break floods streets, snarls traffic
- No gas since water main burst & Harlem residents are ready to erupt
- De Blasio donor gets fast help after a water main break knocked out her utilities
- Construction crew in Queens hits water main, flooding streets and snarling traffic
- City of Hoboken without water after 2 major water mains rupture
- Water main break in Pompton Lakes
- Traffic delayed for hours at LaGuardia Airport; officials blame ‘a number of different factors’
- Midtown water main break floods 2 office buildings, slows traffic
- Massive sinkhole swallows 3 cars, injures one driver after water main bursts in Chicago (VIDEO)