Niall Carew tells Daragh Ó Conchúir why April is the most important month for an inter-county manager Ever wonder what a manager is thinking or doing in that period between the conclusion of the league and commencement of the championship? Niall Carew is a former manager of Sligo and Waterford footballers. Prior to that, he spent five years as a coach/selector with Kieran McGeeney in Kildare. He has been involved directly in an All-Ireland semi-final, five All-Ireland quarter-finals, a Leinster final, a Connacht final, a Division 2 league final, and knows Divisions 3 and Division 4 also. He returned to the club scene last year and is manager of Ballylinan in Laois. The St Kevin’s man, who played senior hurling for Kildare before injury prompted an early detour to coaching, has interesting observations. “The way I operated, and I presume other managers are the same, was that you’d have this all planned out from the start of the year,” Carew says. “You’d have a calendar of events drawn up, all your challenges games and training camps organised. “The thing about the challenge games, though, and this wasn’t an issue in Kildare, because you had a massive panel of players at… Read full this story
- Milwaukee Personal Trainer Shows You How To Build Circuit Training Workouts To Burn Fat
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Can Wales lay ghosts of tournaments past?
- Rugby World Cup breaking news live
- Wild faces Bill Guerin's old employer in home opener
- Jameis Winston's six turnovers put Bucs in hole they can't escape
- A most modern misanthrope: Wyndham Lewis and the pursuit of anti-pathos
- Monday Night Football Preview: Green Bay Packers vs Cincinnati Bengals
- Stay Crossfit By Finding Cardio Workouts That You Enjoy
- The Wales Rugby World Cup headlines you can expect to read
- Cassidy’s hunger for club football remains undimmed
‘To get that training camp sometimes you need to have a row’ have 305 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.