To John Gotti Junior his mob boss father was simply ‘dad’. He only realised his father, John Gotti, was a key figure in the mafia when he was profiled on TV and his school classmates reacted with awe. But the clues were there. Gotti Jr was banned from dressing as a police officer for Halloween, such was his father’s hatred for the authorities. And when Gotti Jr was found out to be paying the postman not to deliver notes home about his truancy, he was packed off to military school. There is is little doubt Gotti senior was the most flamboyant, most colorful, most powerful, most public gangster in the second half of last century. Details of his life inspired television series like the Sopranos and unlike many underworld figures lived his life on the front pages. He avoided justice three times and earned the nickname “Teflon don”. But then, in 1992, he was convicted of a string of crimes including five murders and sentenced to life in prison, only to die a decade later of throat cancer. Gotti Jnr idolised his father and took over some of the business interests when he was jailed and himself was unsuccessfully prosecuted… Read full this story
- Kelly Clarkson shares adorable new photo of her son – and he looks just like her!
- James Comey Compares Trump to a Mob Boss, Suggests He Could Be an 'Unindicted Co-Conspirator' in Russia Investigation
- Away from the boardroom, Biocon boss likes to listen to Western classical music
- Liz Hurley’s son Damian, 17, looks just like his mum as he makes his modelling debut with bouffant hair and perfect pout
- Bosses likely to lose personal grievance case
- Gay mafia hitman is murdered by his own cousin on the orders of the Calabrian mob as 'punishment' for living an openly homosexual lifestyle
- America Ferrera Shares Rare Picture of Her Son Sebastian
- Armed officers swoop on father, 49, for sending £150 to his son who fought with Kurdish forces against jihadis
- America desperately needs a fresh crop of leaders. Here's where to find them
- Opinion: Latin America's upheaval tips towards chaos
Son of America's most powerful mob boss on what it's like to grow up in mafia have 349 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.