The couple, who have been divorced since 1996, were claimed to be having an intimate relationship by a reporter this week. Unlike previous years, both Prince Andrew and Fergie are single and are not dating or pursuing other people, according to The Sun. Prince Philip, who once disliked Fergie, now has no objection to their relationship. Close friends say he “doesn’t care” anymore if the couple are reunited.
However, Prince Charles is said to adamantly oppose the idea of Fergie becoming a royal again.
A source close to the Prince said: “Charles is not OK with Fergie. He can’t stand her in reality.
“He thinks she’s brought embarrassment to the Royal Family in the past and his relationship with his brother has been strained as a result.
“They don’t get on personally. There’s so much baggage because he feels she sided with Diana over Camilla all those years ago.
“He looks at a royal like Lady Sarah Chatto (Princess Margaret’s daughter), an intellectual and someone who loves the arts, and thinks Fergie is no comparison.
“The fear with her is that she will never stop promoting herself and looking for ways to make money off her royal position.”
The Queen is also supportive of Fergie as she has invited her to Balmoral over the summer for the past three years.
Fergie married Prince Andrew in 1986 at Westminster Abbey and became parents to Princess Beatrice in 1988, and Princess Eugenie in 1990.
However, the couple’s marriage became strained when Andrew’s naval career forced them to spend months apart.
The Duchess of York was often seen in the company of other men, including her American adviser John Bryan who she was pictured with on holiday in France.
The couple then separated in 1992, with their divorce being finalised in 1996.
Despite their differences, the Duke and Duchess of York have remained close and share homes in Windsor and Switzerland.
- Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson Are Not Back Together But 'Continue to Be Good Friends'
- Sarah Ferguson Launches 'Storytime' YouTube Channel for Kids Who 'Need a Bit of Magic' Amid Lockdown
- Sarah Ferguson shares glimpse inside living room at Royal Lodge – with stunning flower display
- Sarah Ferguson invites fans inside her spacious conservatory at home in Windsor
- Prince Andrew now ‘convinced’ it would ‘do no good’ to talk to the FBI – thanks to Epstein’s ‘pimp’ Ghislaine Maxwell
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Prince Andrew's treasured golf tournament for young people is axed after 20 years in the wake of the Epstein scandal
- Epstein’s Alleged Sex Trafficking Victims Consider Suing Prince Andrew – Report
- Meghan Markle’s '$1Mn Tell-All' Interview Would Go Downhill Like Prince Andrew’s - Royal Expert
- Princess Beatrice and Fiancé 'Really Happy to Be Surrounded by Friends' at Engagement Party
- Airlines may NEVER fully recover from coronavirus crisis say aviation experts - as Virgin Atlantic follows easyJet in asking for £500m government bailout and collapse of Virgin Australia and Flybe
- Why Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Might Miss a Big Part of Princess Eugenie's Wedding
- Queen will hold crisis family summit with Princes Harry, William and Charles on Monday to resolve Megxit after setting 72-hour deadline as she is seen in public second day running following her grandson's bombshell announcement
- How Kate Middleton is home-schooling Prince George and Princess Charlotte during coronavirus
- Imprisoned Saudi princess being held without charge in high-security prison pleads for her release and says her health is deteriorating
- 'Proud' Prince Harry praises British public's response to coronavirus pandemic and 'selfless' Captain Tom - as he and wife Meghan Markle are seen on the streets of LA for a second time wearing masks to deliver packages to the needy
- How Prince William is helping to lift the nation’s spirits during the coronavirus lockdown
- As boffins study the classic mixer, PRUE LEITH (who first got one in 1961) says... Why I want to be buried with my Kenwood!
- Princess Beatrice reviewing royal wedding plans in May due to coronavirus pandemic, spokesperson says
- School won’t return ‘until June at the earliest’ say education sources – as millions of pupils begin home lessons after the Easter break ends
- 'This is censorship': Society of Editors criticises Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after couple issue email saying they will 'no longer engage' with the UK's most popular newspapers
Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew BACK TOGETHER? They are friends WITH BENEFITS say sources have 797 words, post on www.express.co.uk at April 5, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.