Everything was set up for a classic drive in a posh cabriolet with the hood lowered. No pressure on BMW then; but with everything else nearly ideal, it was up to their car to perform or we’d be seriously disappointed. I was in Portugal to drive the new BMW 8-series Cabriolet. It is the second of a three-model series. The first was the 8-series Coupé whose rear-side looks, for me, spoil an otherwise nice car – I don’t like the trailing triangular windows. I think the Cabrio looks a million times better. Where the Coupé stretches to look like a large 2dr, this is content to sparkle within tidier interior dimensions. In other words it fits its skin. Brilliantly as it happens. There will also be a 4dr Gran Coupe model but, after a hush-hush previewing, I’m not allowed to tell you anything about it until June. Anyway, after all that, did the Cabriolet have the tangible performance to go with the glamorous claims? With a V8 4.4-litre petrol under the bonnet, it should have. Especially with rear-wheel steering, 20in Motor Sport wheels, adaptive M suspension (standard) to name but a few, there was an array of power and precision… Read full this story
- Little Birds’s Juno Temple reveals erotic stories lit a ‘sexual fire’ in her while acting in raunchy new series
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Will Hunt Down Ghosts in New Series
- Sky’s Ancient Rome Series ‘Domina’ With Isabella Rossellini, Liam Cunningham & Kasia Smutniak Resumes Filming At Italy’s Cinecitta
- Here's your first look at Netflix's new series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
- Geordie Shore’s Amelia Lily slams Chloe Ferry feud rumours as stars promise sex, nudity, & love triangles in new series
- US Open: Chanda Rubin says New York Grand Slam will be 'very different experience'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Releases Opening Scene Of New Series
- Kelly to start series opener for Arizona at New York
- Denny Hamlin crashes in opening Cup practice at New Hampshire, goes to backup
- Alan Bennett’s Talking Heads: Will there be a new series on BBC?
Open skies on fun drive with new 8-series Cabrio have 348 words, post on www.independent.ie at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.