One less. That’s what the majority of Real Madrid fans should be thinking as the end of this sad season draws closer. With nothing to play for since March, it has been a strange time in the Spanish capital. There are six games of suffering to come, but not because of what’s at stake, rather for the lack of incentives. Karim Benzema sealed a point at Butarque as he, once again, proved to be the only Madrid player with a goal in him. The No.9 has been a safety net this season. He never drops his work rate, from the first minute to last, which is something that Madrid have been known for, but not this season. It has been Benzema who has saved Los Blancos in recent weeks, notably in the second half against Eibar and Leganes. Following Benzema’s lead, Fede Valverde, Casemiro, Luka Modric and Marco Asensio woke up in the second half, and them lifting their performances helped earn a point. There are six games left and they will go a long way to showing how committed each player is. Raphael Varane and Casemiro are improving, while Asensio and Valverde are also on the up.
- Real Madrid director says galactico spending may continue
- Barcelona beat Real Madrid 3-1 in Spain's Primera Liga
- Raul Denies He is Set to Quit Real Madrid
- Real Madrid focus on La Liga after Euro heartache
- Ronaldo eyes Real Madrid 100-goal mark
- Villarreal aim to breach Real Madrid fortress
- Super Cup winners Real Madrid seek league upturn
- Real Madrid look to quash Malaga challenge in La Liga
- Under-pressure Pellegrini on Real Madrid ropes
- Real Madrid agree new shirt deal with Emirates
One game closer to a sad Real Madrid season ending have 280 words, post on www.marca.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.