Date created : 15/04/2019 – 23:14Latest update : 15/04/2019 – 23:18 The use of flying water tankers to extinguish the fire at Notre-Dame Cathedral is not an option, French officials said on Monday night. The weight of the water could cause the entire structure to collapse. US President Donald Trump on Monday called the blaze engulfing Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris “horrible” and suggested the deployment of flying water tankers, before being told by French authorities that this wouldn’t work.”So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!” Trump tweeted.Not an optionFollowing Trump’s tweet, the French civil protection service responded that the one thing it was not contemplating was using aerial tankers, which dump enormously heavy loads of water, usually on wildfires.”Hundreds of firemen of the Paris Fire Brigade are doing everything they can to bring the terrible #NotreDame fire under control,” the civil protection service said in a statement. “All means are being used, except for water-bombing aircraft which, if used, could lead to the collapse of the entire structure of the cathedral.”Later, while in Minnesota for a speech on the economy,… Read full this story
- Hard times for shopkeepers in the shadow of Notre-Dame
- Melted scaffolding to be removed from fire-ravaged Notre Dame
- Notre Dame’s melted scaffold to be removed soon ahead of restoration effort
- Removal of Notre Dame's melted scaffold to begin 'in weeks'
- Removal of Melted, Twisted Scaffolding From Notre Dame to Begin Within Weeks
- Failed Notre-Dame Plot Leads to Shame, Regret and Heavy Sentences
- Woman charged over failed terror attack on Notre Dame in Paris
- Notre Dame lands top-10 2021 receiver Colzie
- Five women go on trial over planned Notre Dame car bomb attack
- Five Women On Trial Over Plotted 2016 Notre Dame Car Bomb Attack
Notre Dame blaze: Flying water tankers 'could lead to collapse' have 305 words, post on www.france24.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.