Amid Kirstjen Nielsen’s resignation as Homeland Security secretary on Sunday, the department’s commissioner, Kevin McAleenan, has stepped in as acting director, and Obama-era border patrol chief Mark Morgan says McAleenan is the right man for the job. Calling McAleenan ”extremely intelligent,” Morgan explained that the new acting secretary comes to the Homeland Security position with more than a decade of experience working specifically in the border security domain. “He’s seen this and been there every day, working hard, since 2014 — from the start to where we’re at now,” Morgan said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Monday morning. The decision to make McAleenan the acting secretary is somewhat controversial, as it supercedes Deputy Secretary Claire Grady, who should be next in line for the role after Nielsen departs. Nielsen said she will stay on through April 10 to assist in the transition, but there are some issues that need to be ironed out in order for McAleenan to formally take the role. KEVIN McALEENAN, NEW ACTING DHS BOSS, HAS LONG RECORD IN BORDER SECURITY The DHS has come under fire over the last two years first over the initial choice of Nielsen as Secretary, given that her background was in cybersecurity,… Read full this story
- Obama DHS Secretary Withdrew From USC Speech After Immigration Criticism—Here's His Advice to Grads
- Real ID deadline pushed back a year due to coronavirus, DHS secretary announces
- Eoin Morgan Says England Could Field Two Cricket Teams at Same Time
- Morgan says England could field two cricket teams at same time
- Eoin Morgan says England players are open to pay cut in coronavirus pandemic if it makes a difference
- Coronavirus: Mark Butcher says behind-closed-doors cricket would still present problems
- Soccer Star Alex Morgan Says Postponing the 2020 Summer Olympics Was the ‘Right Decision'
- Mark Cuban says coronavirus changes 'everything' in US -- so leaders should 'step up'
- 'Loose lips sink ships': Navy chief Thomas Modly says sacked Theodore Roosevelt captain put his crew 'at risk' with leaked coronavirus letter because 'our adversaries in the region think that one of our warships might be crippled'
- We can't tell you when lockdown will end - because we don’t know: UK's chief scientific adviser says it is 'premature' to put a time frame on next steps as cases and deaths must stabilise first
Next DHS Secretary should be Kevin McAleenan, former CBP Chief Mark Morgan says have 388 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.