The musical adaptation of David Baddiel’s best-selling children’s book AniMalcolm comes to the North East stage later this month. David Baddiel is known for his award-winning work as a comedian and presenter including Newman and Baddiel, Fantasy Football, Baddiel & Skinner Unplanned and his platinum number one single Three Lions.Less is known about his writing of children’s books such as AniMalcolm – the stage adaptation of which is coming to Darlington Hippodrome.Since making his debut with The Parent Agency in 2015, his children’s novels have gone on to sell over one million copies.One such novel is AniMalcolm, a runaway bestseller which tells the story of Malcolm, a boy who doesn’t like animals while his family are wild about them.Now AniMalcolm has been adapted for the stage as a y musical from the award-winning Story Pocket Theatre, and after a smash-hit debut at the 2018 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the production will play at Darlington Hippodrome as part of a major UK tour.“AniMalcolm was my third book for children, and I think it’s my funniest” says David. “Animals are loveable, cute, sweet, friendly, and nice to cuddle, but they are also, always, funny.”The amount of animal memes now swirling around the internet… Read full this story
- The Music of David Bowie review – tears shed as stars pay tribute to starman
- Daler Mehndi: Film music always has to work on a hit formula or has to follow a trend
- Music bosses ban BBC Children In Need's album featuring David Tennant and Olivia Colman from the race to top the charts because it is a compilation
- MTV VMAs fans accuse Lil Nas X of lip-syncing as he hits stage with Panini
- Kicking off Beckham's children's books
- David Jones
- Hadestown: how Anaïs Mitchell's lo-fi hit became a sensational musical
- David Beckham shares sweet video from family holiday in Turks and Caicos
- 'This play is full of firsts': behind the groundbreaking Go-Go's musical
- What is Matt Lucas’s net worth, how did he meet David Walliams and who was his ex-husband?
Musical version of David Baddiel's children's favourite AniMalcolm hits the stage have 344 words, post on www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.