14 April 2019 • 6:46pm It was magnificent from Mo. Simply, utterly magnificent from Mohamed Salah as he scored another outstanding goal, for the second Premier League in a row, to help return Liverpool to the top of the table. In defeating Chelsea there was also a sense of catharsis, exorcising the trauma of Steven Gerrard’s slip five years ago that cost Liverpool the last time they were this close to being champions. They even won by the same 2-0 scoreline. Salah was in Chelsea blue that day, a peripheral player in Jose Mourinho’s second string, but no-one doubts his status now at Liverpool where he is one of the very best forwards in world football. Maybe there was extra meaning in Salah’s celebration – as he stood on one leg, his left leg bent in the air and placed his hands together in prayer. It looked like a yoga pose, maybe it was religious, but it appeared to have significance to Salah. His goal was quite brilliant and it doubled Liverpool’s advantage. It came in two minutes of madness – followed by two more minutes of madness, in fact, when Chelsea could amazingly have drawn level. After a tense,… Read full this story
- We analysed who the better football player is, Mohamed Salah or Harry Kane — and the stats show the winner is clear
- Salah scores late winner for Egypt, Morocco sink Cameroon
- Rockets hold off Mitchell, Jazz to win series
- Mohamed Salah's Champions League performance gives Egyptians 'goosebumps'
- Firmino hat-trick fires Liverpool to easy win over Arsenal
- Milner and Mane goals give Liverpool victory at Palace
- De Ligt scores own goal in Juve’s win over Inter
- Giroud scores landmark goal as France beat Ireland
- Harry Kane could score more goals than Ronaldo and Messi combined if he hits nets against Colombia
- McKenna scores six goals to lead River Hill boys lacrosse past Centennial
Mohamed Salah scores rocket goal as relentless Liverpool top table with cathartic win over Chelsea have 314 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.