A Coventry community is rallying round a lonely swan who has taken to wandering the village following the death of his mate. Residents in Cheylesmore became concerned for the feathered bird after his partner was run over and killed just before Christmas. Swans notoriously mate for life and since the loss of his partner, the swan has been spotted pining for his mate all over the village. And he has been taken to the heart of locals, who have even given him a name. The swan was christened Quinton in tribute to the pools he swims in after a poll on the Love Cheylesmore! Facebook page by founder Nicola Ives. Gavin Doughty, a Love Cheylesmore! member and resident said: “We have had an issue on Quinton Pools, Cheylesmore for quite some time with the swans crossing the roads looking for fresh grass to eat. “It has raised concerns amongst the local residents, resulting in daily posts on the LoveCheylesmore! Facebook group, noting his whereabouts and warning motorists of him being on the move. “People are really worried about his general health and the way he has been affected by the tragic loss. “Members of LoveCheylesmore! are posting their concerns, as… Read full this story
- 3 More Smith Village Residents Die, 18 Now Battling Coronavirus
- 2 Smith Village Residents Die Of Coronavirus; 11 Test Positive
- After state title, 11 district titles, Hargrave finishes in top 10 of UIL Lone Star Cup standings
- Nastya Swan EXCLUSIVE: The model and YouTube star, 19, was not admitted to a NYC hospital when hit with COVID-19 because there were so many other more urgent cases even though she felt like she was going to 'die'
- Virgin Australia boss meets unions, experts in last-ditch bid amid coronavirus crisis
- Nastya Swan EXCLUSIVE: The YouTube star, 19, was turned AWAY from NYC hospital when hit with COVID-19 as she was told she was not 'urgent': 'I thought I was going to die'
- Before coronavirus we were dying of loneliness. Can a pandemic help America heal?
- Q+A: Australia will change coronavirus testing criteria, says medical officer Paul Kelly, as Dr Norman Swan questions slow response
- Tributes to the entertainers and artists who died from coronavirus
- Lone Star College System plans for budget impact from coronavirus
Meet the lonely swan wandering village after partner dies have 370 words, post on www.coventrytelegraph.net at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.