A TRUCKER was watching TV on his mobile phone just before he killed a woman by ploughing into her car, a court heard.
Student Abigail Harvey’s Audi A1 was struck by the lorry driven by Viorel Sandulache, 26, on the QEII Bridge linking Essex with Kent.
Abigail, 21, of Basildon, Essex, died three days after the crash in November 2017.
Prosecutor Nina Ellen said that before the accident and while the lorry was moving two Google searches were made on Sandulache’s phone.
She told Maidstone crown court: “The first search was for series one of a particular Romanian television programme. The second search was for series two.”
most read in uk news
Two men fighting for life after double stabbing outside London student halls
‘SHE’S F****D IT’
Brexiteer fury as May turns to ‘Marxist’ CORBYN to hammer out soft exit
CLICK AND REGRET
Mum’s shock as autistic son buys £5,500 toy using ‘auto-fill’ card details
BUS SEX ATTACK
Girl, 12, ‘sexually assaulted by six men on top of bus in broad daylight’
Hairdresser died after tearful 999 call heading home ‘for Netflix night’
Leaving Neverland director admits accuser WASN’T abused on dates he claimed
She said a police investigation concluded that Sandulache “would have been playing that television show on his phone at the time of the collision”.
She said his actions were “inevitably dangerous”.
Sandulache, of Grays, Essex, admits causing death by careless driving but denies death by dangerous driving. The trial continues.
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
- Report: Twins’ minor league affiliate’s bus in fatal crash
- Ex-Minn. Viking’s wife imprisoned in fatal crash
- Figueirense’s Dudu involved in fatal crash
- Blaney sums up driver view of crashes
- Are drivers scared of big, bad Talladega?
- The 22 best minor characters on TV right now
- Factors converged in crash that killed Dan Wheldon
- Reports: At least 9 dead in crash
- Johnson crash changes title race
- Sheriff: Victim was driver’s cousin
- Crash probe to look at steering wheel
- Simonsen dies after Le Mans crash
- Hoops player injured in bus crash
- Boy buried after crash involving Odom
- IndyCar drivers worried by post placement
- Driver drank beer, tequila at three bars
- Jayson Williams gets 5 years in fatal NJ shooting
- Police: 1 killed in tailgating crash
- The Driver transcript: 4,500 words of memories
- Fatal wreck for fans going to BCS game
Lorry driver involved in fatal crash 'was watching TV on phone' have 402 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.