Climate protesters have glued themselves to the walls of the London Stock Exchange in the latest protest by the ‘Extinction Rebellion’ group.The protesters, waving banners with slogans such as “Business as Usual = Death”, have secured themselves to the walls of the stock exchange and also blockaded the headquarters of the Goldman Sachs bank on Fleet Street. Meanwhile, further protests have been staged across London with protesters blocking roads in Bank and at Southwark Bridge, reports the BBC. TOPSHOT – A climate change activist skateboards as demonstrators block the roads around the Bank of England (L) in the City of London financial district in London on April 25, 2019, during environmental protests by the Extinction Rebellion group. – Environmental protesters caused disruption in London’s financial district, including at the London Stock Exchange where activists glued themselves to the entrance, before winding up days of demonstrations that have blocked parts of the British capital. (Photo by Ben STANSALL / AFP) The protests have so far lasted ten days and seen over 1,100 arrests made. They have also seen many parts of London closed off or shut down. Activists climbed on top of buses, handcuffed themselves to vehicles, glued themselves to office buildings,… Read full this story
- London Stock Exchange to Buy Refinitiv, a Data Provider
- New York Stock Exchange Celebrates Spotify IPO by Awkwardly Flying the Wrong Flag
- Melania Trump Promotes Be Best at New York Stock Exchange
- 'Heavy-handed' police come under fire over footage showing an officer swinging a baton at a female climate protester while she had her hands in the air
- Across the globe, millions join biggest climate protest ever
- Climate protesters clash with police outside Melbourne mining conference
- Revealed: England's worst areas for sexually transmitted diseases - with London's political and financial districts named as biggest hot spots
- Climate protesters Extinction Rebellion block Cardiff road
- Neufund partners with Malta Stock Exchange and Binance to create a decentralized global stock exchange
- The New York Stock Exchange Has Its First Woman President. Is She Standing on a Glass Cliff?
London Climate Protesters Target Financial Centre, Glue Themselves to Stock Exchange Doors have 334 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.