Leicestershire Police have warned motorists of a road closure due to ‘an incident in the city’.
Rutland Street is closed in both directions from Southampton Street to Humberstone Road.
Officers said at 6.10am that people should avoid the area and motorists should find an alternative route.
To receive one WhatsApp message a day with the main headlines, as well as breaking news alerts, text NEWS to 07790 586202. Then add the number to your phone contacts book as ‘Nottingham Post’.Your phone number won’t be shared with other members of the group.
Activity focused around International Hotel
Police and firefighters are stationed around the International Hotel on the corner of Humberstone Road and Rutland Street.
Part of Humberstone Gate also now shut
Part of Humberstone Gate is also now closed, according to an update from Area Traffic Control.
Humberstone Gate is closed towards Charles Street from Rutland Street, but is open from Charles Street towards St Georges Way.
We’ll bring you updates on this incident here as soon as we can.Information on this and other travel news can also be found or submitted on our Facebook group for traffic and travel.We’ve got also got apps for both Android and Apple devices which can be tailored to deliver the news that you’re interested in.
- Live updates: Police close area outside Leicester school
- Police cordon off footpath near busy Leicester road
- Live: Roads closed through villages due to 'police incident'
- Live updates as A46 closed in both directions due to police incident
- Pedestrian hurt after 2 car collision on main city road
- Updates: Road and school closed as fire breaks out at house
- Updates: Pedestrian hit by a car in Leicester city centre
- Live: M1 northbound closed in Leicestershire
- Updates: M1 northbound closed and causing delays