We know that Easter is a season of extreme gluttony (entire Easter eggs in a single sitting are par for the course this weekend), but KFC’s latest special is taking things up a notch.
The fast food chain has announced it is trialling a hot cross bun burger.
The brand new addition is exactly as it sounds – signature original recipe chicken fillet, with fresh lettuce and mayo, but sandwiched between two halves of hot cross bun instead of a normal bread roll.
This seasonal take on a classic KFC Fillet burger is currently being tested by KFC’s chief innovators.
Providing it gets egg-cellent feedback, the KFC Hot Cross Bun Burger could then make its Easter debut across the nation next year.
Yeah – next year.
So if the unnerving thought of mayonnaise being slathered onto a hot cross bun has tickled your fancy, you’ll have to be patient for a while yet.
Alternatively you could try and make it at home – just grab a piece of original recipe chicken from your local KFC and build it yourself.
Restaurants and bars coming soon to Manchester
- Between the Bun burger restaurant leaves Greenwood, reopens nearby
- Burger Friday: Minnesota State Fair's Lunch Box still serving nostalgia after 56 years
- Burger Friday: New Lowertown taproom shines with a gotta-eat cheeseburger
- 5 best Twin Cities burgers of 2017
- Burger Friday: Dive into burger excellence at this 85-year-old Richfield dive bar
- San Antonio to get second Hopdoddy Burger Bar location
- The Neighborhood Burger Shack Finds New Life in Lakewood
- Burger Friday: At Hewing Hotel, an in-house butcher shop makes all the difference
- Spring Branch Burger Shack opens in Houston, with creative burgers and a patio
- San Antonio business debuts Hot Cheetos-infused ice cream, milkshakes