- Jennifer Lopez is being sued for allegedly stealing the idea for World of Dance.
- The suit was filed by Alvin Gray-El, who alleges he sent a similar idea to dance icon Debbie Allen in 2009.
- Gray-El is asking for $6.5 million in damages.
This dance is getting dirty.
New court documents obtained by TMZ reveal that a man named Alvin Gray-El is suing World of Dance executive producer and judge Jennifer Lopez for allegedly stealing the idea for the NBC competition series from him. He’s requesting $6.5 million in damages.
In the suit, Gray-El alleges that he sent the idea for the show (working title: Let’s Start the Dance) to dance icon Debbie Allen—whom he is also suing—back in 2009. He says he never heard back from Debbie, and when he later tried to file his idea with the U.S. Copyright Office, he was told that a similar show was being developed by NBC and J.Lo.
What is unclear is how Gray-El’s idea was supposedly passed on from Debbie to J.Lo—Debbie is not involved with the show, which debuted in 2017 and currently stars J.Lo, Derek Hough, and Ne-Yo as judges.
Here’s everything you need to know about the World of Dance judges:
According to a source close to J.Lo, who spoke with TMZ, the idea for the show had been “floating around NBC years ago” and it was the network that brought it to J.Lo.
For her part, J.Lo doesn’t seem to be too hung up on the suit, as she JUST posted a lovey-dovey Instagram snap with her fiance, Alex Rodriguez.
J.Lo knows better than anyone that the show must go on!
- Jennifer Lopez sparks rumours she’s engaged to Alex Rodriguez as she flashes a HUGE Cartier diamond ring on her wedding finger
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates her 49th birthday with Champagne on Bahamas beach break
- Jennifer Lopez drops jaws in world's SMALLEST string bikini
- Bikini-clad Jennifer Lopez looks incredible as she celebrates 49th birthday
- Kiwi dance crew The Bradas wow Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo with routine featuring pūkana
- Stranger Things Creators Sued for 'Stealing' Concepts for the Show
- Duffer Brothers sued for allegedly stealing plot of Stranger Things
- Will Smith, Nicky Jam, Diplo to release World Cup song
- Hollywood EXPOSED: Jennifer Aniston and Chris Pratt in axed scenes they DON'T want seen
- Will Smith confirmed for 2018 World Cup song
- France win World Cup 2018 final in breathless six-goal thriller against Croatia
- Leftist Lopez Obrador set for Mexico election victory as rivals concede
- Mexico’s Lopez Obrador on brink of historic presidential win
- Lopez Obrador claims landslide win in Mexico's presidential election
- Dunedin given chance to dance with the stars
- Pippa Middleton’s father-in-law David Matthews denies rape allegations
- Stranger Things creators accused of stealing plot from short film Montauk
- Metal band Iron Maiden sued for £2million for ‘stealing six of their biggest-selling hits’
- Meghan Markle shows off her star quality as she sings & dances aged 11
- Officer fired after helping drag passenger off United Airlines flight is now suing firm
Jennifer Lopez Is Being Sued For Allegedly Stealing The Idea For ‘World of Dance’ have 511 words, post on www.womenshealthmag.com at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.