A wide range of machinery and equipment, automated technologies and raw materials for the garment and textile industry are on display at the Saigon Tex & Saigon Fabric 2019, which kicked off in Ho Chi Minh City on April 10.
|Visitors at Saigon Tex and Saigon Fabric 2019 – Photo: thesaigontimes.vn|
The event has attracted over 1,000 suppliers from 24 countries and territories from around the world, aiming to enable domestic and foreign businesses in different fields to seek cooperation opportunities, promote their brands, and expand markets.
Chairman of the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) Vu Duc Giang said this year’s exhibition will help businesses gain access to more information and new cutting edge technologies to make direct investment in raw materials, thus meeting the needs of customers at home and abroad.
It will also enable businesses to increase the added value of products, contributing to the development of the textile industry in Vietnam, he said.
According to Le Tien Truong, General Director of the Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex), the textile industry has been improving the quality of its human resources and equipment over recent years.
However, it should push ahead with reforms to deal with more global challenges, he said, suggesting that businesses create new tools to increase competition, including technology and productivity, while enhancing cooperation is necessary to integrate effectively into the world, he added.
The exhibition will run until April 13 at the Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center.
- Viet Nam's garment-textile expects boom in 2020
- Vietnam’s garment-textile expects boom in 2020
- Việt Nam's garment-textile expects boom in 2020
- ISPA EXPO Kicks Off the New Decade With the Mattress Industry's Most Anticiapted Show
- Has Bangladesh made progress on the rights of garment workers?
- Textiles firms launch emergency production of antibacterial masks
- Auto Expo 2020: All You Need To Know - How To Attend; When And Where To Buy Delhi Auto Expo Tickets
- Auto Expo 2020: Debutants happy to show it off
- How startups and tech companies have changed Auto Expo
- Stylish cover-up: inside International Modest fashion week
- Australia's Monash to open Indonesia's first foreign university campus
- A stitch in time: Policy flip-flops have seen India lose in garments exports but, it might not be too late
- Two bike-borne men open fire in Delhi's Jafrabad near anti-CAA protest site
- Reform and opening-up poised to bear more fruit
- Wuhan to open ELEVEN MORE makeshift coronavirus hospitals after workers turn sports halls and exhibition centres into temporary medical centres OVERNIGHT
- Volkswagen Taigun SUV Unveiled Ahead Of Auto Expo 2020: Will Rival The Kia Seltos & Hyundai Creta
- Beijing struggles to curb poverty and pollution as it keeps markets open
- U.S. trade panel opens patent probe into Google speakers after Sonos complaint
- Global brands urge Cambodia to reform labor amid EU sanction threat
- Sandeep Khosla: We don’t hang out with people our age
International garment textile expo opens have 454 words, post on ven.vn at April 11, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.