Former acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Tom Homan, a Fox News contributor, said he believes U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Kevin McAleenan will use his experience on the ground to make progress on border security in his new role. Homan, who served as acting ICE director under President Donald Trump from 2017-2018, calls the acting Homeland Security Secretary a friend and the right man for the job. “He’s a really smart guy, he has great relationships with the government of Mexico, he has been working steadily on getting them to cooperate more. Kevin’s been the tip of the spear on wall construction,” said Homan on “America’s Newsroom” Monday. Homan said he has worked with McAleenan for the past decade. KEVIN MCALEENAN, NEW ACTING DHS BOSS, HAS LONG RECORD IN BORDER SECURITY “We worked together during the 2014 (border) crisis and the 2015 (border) crisis under Jeh Johnson,” said Homan. He added that he respects Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen for stepping up to the “most difficult job,” especially when Congress didn’t help. President Trump revealed in a tweet Sunday that McAleenan will become the acting head of Homeland Security, a sprawling department of 240,000 people, following the resignation of Secretary Nielsen…. Read full this story
- Motel 6 will pay $12 million to settle lawsuit after sharing guest info with ICE
- FBI 'not focused on the rhetoric' as Trump attacks 'dirty cops,' director says
- ICE Acting Director To Resign On Friday
- How to Deal with Your Crazy Boss
- Wolf to take over at DHS, but Senate needs to confirm him for different job first
- Who Is Kevin McAleenan? Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Tapped by Donald Trump to Replace Kirstjen Nielsen
- Strictly Come Dancing star Kevin Clifton makes SHOCK confession
- ICE Director Says Immigrant Parents 'Ultimately the Ones That Are Responsible' for Being Separated From Their Children
- Sundance shines spotlight on Hollywood’s lack of female directors
- SF fines Museum of Ice Cream over plastic sprinkles — but will the museum have to pay?
Former ICE acting director discusses what Kevin McAleenan can accomplish as acting DHS boss have 335 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.