A well-known lady golfer who started her career on the pitch and putt course at Tapton Park Golf Club in Chesterfield is returning to her roots.
For Fame Tate has taken over ownership of Stanedge Golf Club, a nine-hole moorland course, and one of her main aims is grow junior golf and encourage more youngsters to take up the sport.
Tate said: “Stanedge is a great course on the edge of the Peak District, with superb views and great turf. We want to make it a place where people feel welcome and relaxed.”
It was at the age of ten that she first took up golf, later joining Chesterfield. She developed so well that she represented Derbyshire and, at the age of 14, playing off scratch, she was picked for England. She went on to become a PGA professional and played on the Ladies’ Tours in Europe and Asia.
- Class war anarchists descend on Boris and Carrie's flat as it emerges she's 'too afraid to return' after anti-Brexit neighbours called police on them and handed row recording to newspaper
- Tecmo Super Bowl’s world championship returns — with Tecmo and Bo Jackson aboard
- For shooter wunderkind Shroud, esports fame was a stop on the way to Twitch superstardom
- E3 2008: id Software deal enRages EA event
- The 40 movies we’ll be watching before the end of the year
- An Introduction to Mobile Gaming
- 14 Apple Arcade games to play on launch day
- Our 65 most anticipated movies of 2019
- The 500 best games of all time: 500-401
- The biggest new games out this week: October 10th-16th
- The absolute best movies of the summer
- 50 game releases to look forward to in 2019
- The best TV shows of 2019, so far
- What Marvel directors made after their MCU movies
- The 25 best-selling games of the last generation
- The best and worst Quentin Tarantino movies, ranked
- Great rivalries: JulyZerg vs. iloveoov
- Carmack, Meier, Lara make the Walk of Game
- [UPDATE] Sympathy for the Devil: Understanding Relationships, Criticism, and Ethics in a Post-GamerGate World Pt. 3
Fame Tate returns to her golfing roots as she takes over at Stanedge have 357 words, post on www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.