A well-known lady golfer who started her career on the pitch and putt course at Tapton Park Golf Club in Chesterfield is returning to her roots.
For Fame Tate has taken over ownership of Stanedge Golf Club, a nine-hole moorland course, and one of her main aims is grow junior golf and encourage more youngsters to take up the sport.
Tate said: “Stanedge is a great course on the edge of the Peak District, with superb views and great turf. We want to make it a place where people feel welcome and relaxed.”
It was at the age of ten that she first took up golf, later joining Chesterfield. She developed so well that she represented Derbyshire and, at the age of 14, playing off scratch, she was picked for England. She went on to become a PGA professional and played on the Ladies’ Tours in Europe and Asia.
- Sean Connery, famed for playing James Bond, dies age 90
- Giants mailbag: Buster Posey’s 2021 role and Hall of Fame chances both uncertain
- FMIA Week 3: Josh Allen’s Pissed Off, Tony Romo’s Proud and Buffalo’s 3-0
- FMIA Week 4: 2020 NFL Weirdness Continues With Postponed Games, Positive Tests And, Oh Yeah, Football
- Great Scot: Nobody Pushes Sean Connery Around
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 31
- What Happens When Actors Leave High-School-TV Shows?
- Rioting protester is set ablaze by his OWN Molotov cocktail in Portland as the city is convulsed by the 100th night of BLM demonstrations and unrest breaks out across the nation
- The 44 best HBO series streaming right now
- A Report From the Misunderstood Gathering of the Juggalos
- Donald Trump BANS visitors from Europe from entering the US for 30 days starting at midnight on Friday - but excludes the UK and Ireland - in effort to staunch coronavirus pandemic. But how will it slow spread of virus ALREADY inside US?
- The Entire Presidency Is a Superspreading Event
- William Blinn, Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Screenwriter, Dead at 83
- The women who shaped, seduced and scarred John Lennon: New book reveals untold stories of the mother whose death the Beatle never got over, Britain's first female pop star, and how Yoko Ono begged to be his lover (because she'd gone off sex)
- Bob Law
- Scott Galloway pivots to stardom
- Obituary: Sean Connery, Who Embodied James Bond and More, Dies at 90
- Prince Reigns
- 100 Monumental Novels From Literary History
- 4 Museums Decided This Work Shouldn’t Be Shown. They’re Both Right and Wrong.
Fame Tate returns to her golfing roots as she takes over at Stanedge have 431 words, post on www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.