A well-known lady golfer who started her career on the pitch and putt course at Tapton Park Golf Club in Chesterfield is returning to her roots.
For Fame Tate has taken over ownership of Stanedge Golf Club, a nine-hole moorland course, and one of her main aims is grow junior golf and encourage more youngsters to take up the sport.
Tate said: “Stanedge is a great course on the edge of the Peak District, with superb views and great turf. We want to make it a place where people feel welcome and relaxed.”
It was at the age of ten that she first took up golf, later joining Chesterfield. She developed so well that she represented Derbyshire and, at the age of 14, playing off scratch, she was picked for England. She went on to become a PGA professional and played on the Ladies’ Tours in Europe and Asia.
- When is Kim Tate returning to Emmerdale and when was actress Claire King last on the soap?
- Sparks to fly as Kim Tate returns to Emmerdale
- Emmerdale's Joe Tate returns but shocks viewers by choosing to die
- Viewers thrilled as evil Kim Tate returns to Emmerdale
- Alex Cairns returns to Roots with Fleetwood Town transformed
- GOLF: Visitors take top spot in Rugby Golf Club’s Mixed Open
- Chris Boughton's Golf Column: Jackson signs off with Captain’s Day
- Emmerdale spoilers: First look at Kim Tate’s return as she is released from prison and vows to take back Home Farm
- Chris Boughton's golf column: Charlie follows dad three decades on
- Does Kim Tate really own Home Farm on Emmerdale and has Joe been lying about his money?